Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/26/2015 11:50:39 AM EDT
Just getting started into predator hunting mostly fox and coyote. Looking at the foxpro. Any others I should consider?
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 12:21:58 PM EDT
[#1]
went out with a guy a few months ago that had a Primos Turbo Dogg.  I was pretty impressed given the low price.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 1:47:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
went out with a guy a few months ago that had a Primos Turbo Dogg.  I was pretty impressed given the low price.
View Quote

Thanks I'll check it out.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 4:24:26 PM EDT
[#3]
+1 for the Primos Turbo dog. Almost twice as loud as the Foxpro wildfire. Ive used both quite a bit. Also, the controls on the Primos are way more intuitive and easier to use without looking at them, which is handy in the dark.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 8:49:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Currently running the foxpro fusion and love  it
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 9:03:13 AM EDT
[#5]
FoxPro is big here , I have one and I am happy with it.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 9:20:53 PM EDT
[#6]
I use a FoxPro spitfire been really happy with it. Worked well in 0 degree weather and in the rain around farms in northern Illinois.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 1:58:09 AM EDT
[#7]
i had a Wildfire II for a couple years, but never was loud enough and remote sucked.  upgraded to the Shockwave and its a million times better.
Link Posted: 2/17/2015 4:07:16 PM EDT
[#8]
I've been using the Primos Alpha Dogg, the coyotes can't seem to resist the expert hunt playlists.
Link Posted: 2/17/2015 5:28:39 PM EDT
[#9]
I have a spitfire that I got new on sale for $99.99 - I have used it twice, haven't had anything come from it yet, but the sounds are good. I'm not sure if it's really loud or not though. May get an external speaker for it. Remote works a really good distance, probably at least 100 yards for me so far
Link Posted: 2/18/2015 12:47:35 AM EDT
[#10]
I have always preferred Circe calls. They used to be made here in AZ.
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 9:27:10 AM EDT
[#11]
I was looking at the FoxPro til I look at and read reviews on the ICOtec 500, $179. at midwayusa, It works great, called in 1/2 dozen coyotes and 1 bobcat only used it 3 times. It's remote doesn't have to be directly in line of sight either like the FoxPro. 24 sounds come with it and over 200 downloadable available, Remote light is red backlight and easily seen at night, also you can use the remote for decoys as well. Check it out, they also have an ICOtec 300 and one other cheaper one.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 10:19:48 AM EDT
[#12]
I like my foxpro hellfire. But no matter what you end up with buy a few mouth calls and learn how to use them. Batteries die. I can't begin to tell you how many times I've been on stand and my batteries died. If you are proficient with a mouth call no big deal.
Link Posted: 4/5/2015 10:31:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Go FoxPro and don't look back. Good customer service, decent price, gets the job done.

But as mentioned above, get some good mouth calls and learn to use them well. Even with electronics, I still use mouth calls as much as possible.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top