Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/20/2015 1:16:35 AM EDT
I just got my 2nd TX coyote after not being able to shoot or hunt for a month due to developing severe tendonitis in my right arm, after pain meds and injections on able to bend my arm out strait without wincing in pain and can hold light stuff without dropping it.  Still only hunted for a few hours tonight. I heard a couple in 2 sections of my woods earlier  tonight, tried calling with rabbit in distress, then lost my mouse call, went back to distress call. 1/2 hr later this big female comes crashing through. She dropped at my shot 30yds away like a hammer hit her. These 45grain Nosler hornet bullets are great shame they stopped making them good thing I stocked up. no exit hole or even blood went it and exploded!
I getting addicted to predator hunting and want to use my AR but not a lot of room for long shots here I need to find a bigger place to hunt.
God Bless Texas!
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 11:56:11 AM EDT
[#1]
pics or it didn't happen

good job.  Haven't had a chance to get out and do any calling yet this year, but I've pulled in some coons, skunks, and grinners on the trap line.  I'm on public land that doesn't allow centerfire rifles though, so the coyotes are gonna be 22 and shotgun only.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 2:02:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Ok so I somehow figured out how to download pics from wife's phone to the computer, but don't have a clue how to upload it here.??????????????????????????
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 3:12:37 PM EDT
[#3]
you'll need somewhere to host them up on the Internet.  I have my own website I use, but I think the popular choice around here is ImageShack.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 8:31:35 PM EDT
[#4]
ok here goes first try:

http://imageshack.com/a/img913/9013/Hed2bq.jpg
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 8:32:56 PM EDT
[#5]
ok here goes first try:
(1st coyote) http://imageshack.com/a/img913/9013/Hed2bq.jpg(2nd Yote)
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 8:34:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Ok one work right the other needs to be clicked on to view or my first TX coyote month and half ago.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 11:47:10 AM EDT
[#7]
nice!  I take it from your lost mouse call you're using mouth calls?  I've got a couple rabbit, dog, and cat calls, but I'd love to get my hands on an e-caller.  I think being able to put it out away from you would be helpful.  Do you use a decoy/bait or just the calls?
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 3:05:30 PM EDT
[#8]
I used mouth calls when I lived in NY, but the eastern yotes are tough to hunt, they wont come in to calls that easy, I had a cheap cass creek $25. e-caller with extended speak, but it never worked well. Now here in TX, that old e-caller worked couple times before crap'n out, but mouth calls work great here. The mouse was a hand squeeker, small and worked great, my dog or cats probably confiscated it for themselves!  I just ordered from midway an ICO 500 to do exactly that place it about 50yds away from me and attention to it. I have never used decoys but in NY we used to pop a squirrel and use it on the way into the woods usually, the seasons coincided. That didn't always work there either, here I don't bother but it probabloy would work great bc some landowners around here do tha with farm animals that die.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top