Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/11/2014 1:31:57 PM EDT
How serious do I need to be about camo for coyote hunting?  

I bought a 3m tyvek painters suit for snow hunts. It's straight white, should I spray paint it to break up the outline?

I have normal camo for deer hunting but once the snow falls I think white is the way to go

What do you guys wear?
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 2:23:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Depends where you are hunting I think. I am much more anal about my camo for coyote than for deer.  In my area, where a 100+ yard shot is rare, coyotes are close and are looking hard for the caller. I wear a snow camo with branches/etc in the winter because that's what fits the woods hunting here in MA, it seems pretty darn effective. I would think if hunting vast open areas where everything is just white, then a full white would be the way to go.
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 2:04:05 PM EDT
[#2]
I figure the tyvek suit I cheap enough to spray paint one and have another fully white. right now there is no snow yet were I hunt so I was just planning on deer camo and my brown carhartt
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 3:52:16 PM EDT
[#3]
For me I don't care if the snow camo is broke up or not, I wear both. The bigger concern is making sure it is waterproof, not just a white cover up. I hate walking around with a wet ass all day.

Link Posted: 12/13/2014 8:35:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
For me I don't care if the snow camo is broke up or not, I wear both. The bigger concern is making sure it is waterproof, not just a white cover up. I hate walking around with a wet ass all day.

<a href="http://s947.photobucket.com/user/Lungbuster_photos/media/Hunting/IMG_2007.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i947.photobucket.com/albums/ad314/Lungbuster_photos/Hunting/IMG_2007.jpg</a>

View Quote

I agree 100%!!!! If you camo is not water proof then you need a mat or cushion or something to sit on.
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 6:24:52 PM EDT
[#5]
The tyvek suit is waterproof but not breathable. I har a tripod chair to sit on too
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top