Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/8/2014 1:27:11 PM EDT
I will be picking up my first e caller this week, a fox pro firestorm.

What decoy should I get?  I was goin to get a small fawn decoy for spring hunting. I used to use a squirrels pelt but never had any luck with that and my mouth calls

I'm looking for an electronic decoy that dances around and will catch a dogs eye
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 9:32:12 PM EDT
[#1]
The only one I've ever used was the FoxPro Jack in the Box. It worked as advertised, I could hook it to my caller and control it with my remote.

I just never use it, if you want to buy it send me a PM.
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 11:33:58 PM EDT
[#2]
I just picked up a black jack by fox pro. the one I really wanted costed double but I think the black jack oughta do
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 9:58:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Been very happy with my mojo critter
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 10:09:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Rotty, how far away do you set the decoy and caller away?
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 10:38:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Decoy right by caller,   depends on terrain,  I want the caller to be upwind of where i think they will approach  from, but i want to see the approach  to the downwind, I want to get them before they hit my scent cone.  That being said,  I want the caller and decoy set as  faraway  from me as possible, and still  accomplish that.
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 1:18:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Awesome, thanks for the response Rotty
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 2:57:53 PM EDT
[#7]
You can thank me by posting a pic of a kill
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 6:11:32 PM EDT
[#8]
I hope I can thank you this year then!
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 6:25:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Bring a dog along, works great
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 11:23:59 PM EDT
[#10]
i use a Mojo critter, quiver critter and some times the fox jack or whatever plugs into a Shockwave.  i like the critter for most situations.
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 8:40:17 AM EDT
[#11]
Mojo critter.
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 11:18:46 PM EDT
[#12]
I had a buddy use a thin fiberglass pole from an old tent and a fishing reel.

Tied an old dried deer tail to it then stuck it in the ground. Tied off the fishing line and walked away. When he stopped he would click the handle on the fishing reel.. And start pulling on it while calling. Just a slight twitch would make it dance.

Had good control and could stop it or start it depending on his calling or what animals he saw.

Just a thought.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top