Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/25/2014 12:29:19 AM EDT
I am looking for an electronic predator call for yotes and wolves. I looked at some foxpro calls today as well as some primos ones online. I was liking the fact that primos makes one that you can not only hook up your decoy to but also your iPod for other calls you might download. Aside from that I don't know the first thing about electric calls or what to watch out for.

If you could make recommendations backed up with facts and information that would be very appreciated.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 4:01:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Foxpro has great customer service. I bought an FX3 about 11 years ago and when the sound-board went out on it last winter, FoxPro fixed it for free and had it shipped back to me in less than a week.

I really can't speak to other brands, the only other e-caller I have is a 40 year old Johnny Stewart.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 8:18:12 PM EDT
[#2]

I started predator hunting ohh...7-8 years ago or so, started out with a cass creek caller with a 50" cord to a little speaker, never seen a  thing, then switched to a MP3 player with a cass creek big horn speaker, called in my 1st coyote with that.
then got a foxpro firestorm (refurbed direct from foxpro) and have been very successful ever since.
This year upgraded to the fusion, no issues with the firestorm, just liked the new features of the fusion, and am on track to break my calling record from last season all ready.
Now I must admit that a lot of my success has from learning how to hunt, but believe that alot is attributed to the foxpro as well, the remote, sound quality are second to none in my opinion.
I have hunted with a primos as well (turbo dog I think) I didn't care for it as well. the remote range wasn't as good and the sound wasn't as clear IMHO.
Haven t heard the new ones
with foxpro you can put whatever sounds you want on it, sound and volume are good, customer service is great. you can hook up additional speakers, and your decoy to be run off the caller as well. though Ive never done either.
just my .02

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 3:09:35 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a fox pro as well and I'm a fan. They make some nice stuff.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 9:05:47 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a Minaska Ultimate One. Great call but not cheap.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 10:27:56 AM EDT
[#5]
I've never had any luck mouth calling.  Im going with a fox pro this season and a decoy.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 8:58:22 PM EDT
[#6]
i have a FoxPro Shockwave and use a couple of different decoys depending on what i'm going after or what prey is present.  use high quality batteries.

i had a Wildfire II.  it was ok, but too small for wide open areas.  buy once, cry once.

also carry hand calls just in case you e-caller dies, breaks, etc.  i've never had any luck with hand calls either, but it keeps me hunting.
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 9:40:03 AM EDT
[#7]
I have a Primos alpha dog call, but I will be buying a Minaska call really soon. I've already broke two remotes this year with the primos.
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 12:51:47 PM EDT
[#8]
In the interest of not starting another thread...

There are so many different fox pro options, which one should I choose?

I'm a buy once cry one person, don't want to buy something I'm unhappy with and end up replacing. I am going to really start hunting coyotes hard, the last few seasons were more to just get out in the field, now I really wanna start controlling their population in my AO. I hunt both huge open farm fields and dense forest depending on were I am in my state.

They all do the same thing. What is the difference between all these models, besides cost. I am really only interested in fox pro brand as that is what my store carries and they have a great return policy
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 6:08:56 PM EDT
[#9]
You should review the specifics of each model on the FoxPro website and see which one is right for you.... I recently was looking at them and couldn't decide for myself, when I 1st started using a FoxPro they only had 2 models to choose from...

Choices-choices.... I might just keep my FX3 for another couple of years....

Link Posted: 12/3/2014 2:14:09 PM EDT
[#10]
That's what my buddy has, the fx3 is awesome.

After researching I'm finding some of them have some ridiculous features I will never need. Looks like the firestorm is what I'll end up with
Link Posted: 12/5/2014 3:01:33 PM EDT
[#11]
The Foxpro Fusion is awesome, you can download new calls to it, has both horn and speaker, and the remote is easy to work.
Only downside is for some folks it doesn't have the volume they want.
First call with a new Fusion called in this monster!

Link Posted: 12/5/2014 3:59:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 12/5/2014 4:30:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Naw, that's a 2009 Foxpro CS24 in the lower left, it's a complete caller by it's self, that thing will rock your world!
Horn call are a darn sight louder than similar speaker type, that's why the Fusion is cool, it has both speakers and horn.
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 8:42:38 AM EDT
[#14]
Can I download callin sequences off the internet? And download them to a firestorm fox pro?  I like how the crossfire has pro calli sequences downloaded since I'm a new  hunter still, unfortunatly it has a Buncha wiz bang features I don't care to pay extra for
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 10:15:09 AM EDT
[#15]
FoxPro, choose the options you want.

I have an older model called a Scorpion, love it, fits in my pocket. if I need to get really loud I use a mouth call.
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 10:38:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Can I download callin sequences off the internet? And download them to a firestorm fox pro?  I like how the crossfire has pro calli sequences downloaded since I'm a new  hunter still, unfortunatly it has a Buncha wiz bang features I don't care to pay extra for
View Quote

you can put any sound on your FoxPro as long as it supports that file type.  i got a lot of calls from the net and from people on here.  just be weary of the quality.  quality over quantity.  put crap in, get crap out, especially at high volumes.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top