Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/6/2014 12:20:48 AM EDT
Bobcats are few and far between in Iowa.  My grandparents have land in one of the northern most areas in Iowa that we can legally hunt on fur bearer.  I am interested in any advice on calling in late november and december for bobcat...Any help you guys could offer would be awesome.
Link Posted: 11/6/2014 4:33:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Let me see
Link Posted: 11/6/2014 10:04:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Cats can be slow to respond,  so be patient.  They like thick cover and often sneak in.  High pitched sounds (bird) seen to w work good.
Link Posted: 11/7/2014 10:50:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Target areas of heavy cover, call longer, use rabbit or bird distress, watch elevated areas as they like to perch up and watch where the noise is coming from and use a decoy if you have one.

First one I bagged propped up on an adjacent mound overlooking the call. It sat there looking back and forth between me and the call like it was watching me hunt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top