Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/16/2014 9:53:34 PM EDT
Just looking for some recipes to go with mine. I'll post up my squirrel soup recipe some time in this thread.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 10:32:34 PM EDT
[#1]
those are dog treats.   not enough meat for the effort
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 7:38:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Brown in bacon fat with salt, pepper, garlic and paprika. Place in pressure cooker. Add sliced onion and green apple to pan, sautee until onions are soft, deglaze pan with 50/50 chicken stock and good red wine. Add to pressure cooker and simmer for about an hour.
Debone, mix deboned meat with the sauce, serve over egg noodles, good white rice or mashed sweet potatoes
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 7:44:07 AM EDT
[#3]
I let mine soak ib a brine overnight.  1 cup salt, 1/2 cup sugar.  I quarter them and fry in butter until brown, then add enough beer, darker beers add great flavor, to covee half way.  Bring beer to boil and cover pan with lid for 20 min.  Once tree rats are removed, you can reduce the sauce and add flour for gravy.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 10:19:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Those are some fine recipes.

Katrina. the back half is best. Just skin the back half up to the ribs,  gut and and cut it in half at the base of the ribs. Keep the hind legs and back meat whole, and toss the rest if it is an old squirrel. I usually keep the whole squirrel, but that is some advice for you. A grown squirrel has 6-8 ounces of good lean meat with few bones in the hind quarters.
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 5:23:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Cook in pressure cooker then batter and fry them.

Some of the most tender squirrel I've ever had.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top