Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/2/2014 10:53:48 AM EDT
Last year I attempted to keep everyone updated with pictures and trap line tales as the season progressed but it got so busy that I dropped the ball.

So in a attempt to keep everyone up to date and supplied with both I made a twitter account @PPredatorC  that I will keep up to date best that I can and its cross linked to my  "Professional Predator Control" business page on facebook.

We are planning on putting up big numbers of fur this year and my son is chomping at the bit for colder weather and we are only 28 days away from the opener and its still hot as hell.

The entire month of Oct. will be beaver control projects so it should prove to be fun as well as shooting video for Wildlife management Trapping Episodes for BowHunting North America T.V.

We will be running the Freedom Brand 1 series of Dog Proof Raccoon traps again this year along with Conibear/Bridger 330 body grip traps, and Sleeply Creek No4's for our Predator control projects..

I would like to wish every trapper and sportsman a great season this year....

If you have any trapping questions post them up and with over 25 years of experience I just might be able to give a answer, LOL!!
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 10:33:29 AM EDT
[#1]
What were your averages on your fur check last year?
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 10:48:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What were your averages on your fur check last year?
View Quote

We ended up selling alot green last year due to time constraints, and finished some out as season was ending.

Averaged 15.00 coon with a high of 20.00
Averaged 18.00 on greys with a high of 32.00
Averaged 126.00 on cats with a high of 325.00
Averaged 13.00 on coyotes with a high of 26.00
all beaver sold green for 10.00 each..

This year we have changed up our schdule so that we can finish out all the fur..

The whole world was hot last year so sales were down as well as the Chinese trim market was nowhere to be found.

Fur is worse that the stock market..
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 11:00:40 AM EDT
[#3]
That's not bad for green fur.....

NAFA still has a lot of fur in the warehouse left over, I'm a little anxious to see what happens this year. Ranch mink is gonna sink us all.

I sold low right after the Helsinki auction and didn't do well. $48 average on put up high desert coyotes.

I think I'm gonna send some of my fur to FHA this year, even though I'm a member of the fur council at NAFA.... I still got a couple months to think about it though....

good luck this year, I'll be following your posts....
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 11:02:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Tuff, do you post on Traperrman or Lynxlair?
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 11:07:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes Sir...."Dale in Texas"

Surprised I have not been banned on trapperman, I like the place but Paul lets a few people get away with really hammering on people and when they defend themselves or question the behavior they get banned..

I know four really good guys that got banned recently. .all were great trappers..
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 11:14:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
That's not bad for Greenspan .....
View Quote

Lol. I wished. That was finished fur.!!!

I sold three times last year three different people.

Perry custom furs in Louisiana and did real well on green fur.
some guy in Oklahoma and took a beating on green fur.
then sold f inishd fur to Greenwald and got the prices above on late season pelts..fleas were pretty bad.
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 12:00:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Surprised I have not been banned on trapperman, I like the place but Paul lets a few people get away with really hammering on people and when they defend themselves or question the behavior they get banned..

I know four really good guys that got banned recently. .all were great trappers..
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, I know what you mean...
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 6:14:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Well today's sale was as forecasted...

Downside eastern grades went down pretty bad..way to many sold for less than 10.00
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top