Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/31/2014 5:58:15 PM EDT
Do you guys use a cover scent or attractant?  I'm thinking of picking up one of those "oyote bombs" from bass pro to try out. How do you beat the dogs nose?

Tomorrow I will set out a couple squirrel I harvested today for some smell
Link Posted: 4/1/2014 8:15:27 AM EDT
[#1]
No, you won't fool a coyotes nose, learn to hunt the wind
Link Posted: 4/1/2014 10:16:45 AM EDT
[#2]
What are your techniques? I'm thinking use scent elimination spray for deer hunting, but lost after that
Link Posted: 4/1/2014 11:02:58 AM EDT
[#3]
I only call. No dogs.
Link Posted: 4/1/2014 5:20:24 PM EDT
[#4]
I have an old squirrel pelt I'm gonna hang form some brush and call with a rabbit distress mouth call.

Link Posted: 4/1/2014 6:14:49 PM EDT
[#5]
the important thing to remember is never walk in with the wind in your back and always be able to see downwind.
cover scent cant hurt, or scent elimination, but as i said before, you wont fool them.
Link Posted: 4/1/2014 9:47:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have an old squirrel pelt I'm gonna hang form some brush and call with a rabbit distress mouth call.

View Quote

That is a waste of time. So are the sprays, both eliminator and cover up.

Keep the wind in your favor is the best thing to do. If the wind isn't blowing the correct way for the area you are hunting, move to a different area or go home.
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 9:10:11 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm thinking the squirrel pelt would make a good decoy. Don't really have the coin to drop on some automated fake fur.

The wind wasn't in my favor yesterday so I just walked the woods and enjoyed the sunrise.  Heard the dogs yipping in the distance though
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 4:46:38 PM EDT
[#8]
I dont think you can fool their nose. I try to hunt cross wind  and always use a sight lure
They make a living out of being sneeky...you have to hunt smart
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top