Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/26/2014 10:28:41 AM EDT
http://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/local/State-Looking-Into-Wolf-Dog-Attacks-in-Southeastern-Connecticut-252281481.html

The person who was threatened said three large, white canines without collars surrounded him outside his horse barn last month and he called his neighbor, who brought a shotgun. The man, whom the newspaper did not identify, then shot and killed the animal.

The Veterinary Genetics Laboratory at the University of California, Davis, tested samples of the dead animal and determined it was a wolf-dog hybrid.
Link Posted: 3/26/2014 3:27:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Deleted - just noticed this isn't in GD.

Link Posted: 3/26/2014 4:47:01 PM EDT
[#2]
A lady in my neighborhood has one of these. She's required to have a 6' fence....The one time I talked to her she said it is a pussy cat, and her mutt 1/2 it's size is the one that is dominant. That being said, I haven't interacted with the wolf-dog. Not out of fear, but because I didn't ask in my one interaction with the owner.
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 9:48:13 PM EDT
[#3]
My dad has a half wolf/huskie that is a BIG teddy bear. I'm 6'-3" and his shoulders are at my waste.
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 9:55:09 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm gonna catch one and domesticate it
Link Posted: 5/1/2014 3:58:06 PM EDT
[#5]
They're not hybrid.  Hybrid is the (rare instance ) offspring of 2 different species, resulting in infertile offspring.  They're just "wolfdogs".  

I'm thinking this is similar to urban claims of all shorthaired dogs in attacks being pitbulls.  Id imagine a stray dog encountering a wolfpack will not result in a love affair.  Especially often enough to result in wolfdog packs.  Wolfdogs are common in parts or the country.  Likley a shitty, tweeker owner.
Link Posted: 5/1/2014 5:50:51 PM EDT
[#6]
"The Veterinary Genetics Laboratory at the University of California, Davis, tested samples of the dead animal and determined it was a wolf-dog hybrid."
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top