Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/12/2014 3:48:03 PM EDT
A farmer friend killed a skunk and deposited it out in a field. Within 3 maybe 4 days it gradually got eaten. He claims the coyotes ate it as he has a bunch around his place. In all my years on the farm and associated with agriculture I have never heard of anything besides maggots devouring a skunk. If the yotes are that hungry and desperate to eat a stinky skunk I'm concerned!

Anyone heard of this before?
Link Posted: 3/12/2014 8:35:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Yep.

If the carcass hasn't sprayed just before the skunk dies, it isn't so stinky. Besides... yotes eat most anything. They're gross animals.
Link Posted: 3/13/2014 11:57:16 AM EDT
[#2]
We have a huge number of Turkey Vultures in my area.  They throw a party when they find a dead stinky skunk with flies swarming around.  I've seen Opossum eat skunks and red tailed  hawks next to road kill skunks.
Link Posted: 3/14/2014 6:21:51 PM EDT
[#3]
I have only seen Turkey Vultures eat skunk.  And, then only sometimes.
Link Posted: 3/15/2014 11:11:03 AM EDT
[#4]
With a winter like this the coyotes will eat anything made of meat around here.
Link Posted: 3/17/2014 1:54:22 PM EDT
[#5]
When I ran traps in SE Colorado,
if we had a set the caught a skunk it always caught coyotes afterwards.
Don't know why, but they liked them after they'd been sprayed.
Link Posted: 3/17/2014 3:50:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
When I ran traps in SE Colorado,
if we had a set the caught a skunk it always caught coyotes afterwards.
Don't know why, but they liked them after they'd been sprayed.
View Quote

They are even more disgusting than dogs, and I have seen a perfectly broke and trained duck dog, that slept in the house roll in actual human shit for fun.

It was pretty funny actually because it wasn't my dog, the owner almost puked though.
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 1:11:22 AM EDT
[#7]
One night driving home from work (2am) I saw a pair of glowing eyes moving towards me on the side of the road. As I got closer I could see it was a fox with something black in it's mouth that was flopping around. As I passed I was trying to see what the fox had caught then the smell hit me.......he earned that meal!!
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 11:52:10 AM EDT
[#8]
I have seen a possum eating on a skunk.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top