Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/8/2017 8:06:49 PM EDT
Hey guys,

Has anyone used these trail cams? my neighbor was able to pickup 13 of them from walmart for 10 bucks each. He asked me if i wanted any but i wanted to ask and see if they are even worth the money and effort of hanging them. Let me know if any of you have experience with these.
Thanks

https://www.amazon.com/Primos-Bullet-Proof-Trail-Camera/dp/B00TP8KCOC

http://www.cabelas.com/product/PRIMOS-BULLET-PROOF-MP-TRAIL-CAMERA/1998045.uts
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 9:24:12 PM EDT
[#1]
I have never used them and reviews don't sound good.  It is only 6 megapixels most new ones are at least ten.  In my opinion it looks like going back to the first 35mm ones where you rush to the one hour photo to get your film developed and it is nothing but does.  Much better cameras for not much more, I wouldn't do it, get a better camera.
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 9:09:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Appreciate the reply! I have ordered a much better camera, i also ordered one just to see how it is, found one online for 19.99 with free shipping so what the heck, why not.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 12:16:12 AM EDT
[#3]
I have 2 of those Primos cameras at the farm that I got from Natchez for $29 each.  They work okay for day shots but night IR photos are not very good but good enough to see games...they serve their purpose.  IR flash range is pretty short with max distance of about 30 feet or slightly less.  Battery life is pretty good...mine will take about 400 pics per week (half day/half night) and set of batteries will last about 6-8 weeks.  
BTW that is same camera as Tasco 5MP except 5MP vs. 6MP and black vs. green plastic case.  I picked up 8 of those Tasco for $13 each couple weeks ago.  I also had couple (5) of older Tasco 3MP cameras which are same and they worked okay for about a year.  After about a year they started failing because the rubber seal started failing and leaked rain.  Within 18 months all 5 stopped working.  I have used several different game camers including some that were over $150 and they all had one issue or another and for one reason or another they all stop withing within 2 years. I stopped spending a lot of money on expensive game camers and just use bunch of cheap (mostly Tasco) cameras.  I believe I have 20 cameras on my property.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top