Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/28/2017 10:47:01 AM EDT
So I am having a hard time making a decision on binoculars.

I have a set of 10x42 vortex diamondbacks I would like to upgrade.

I am looking to go with the 10x40 vortex vipers, or vortex razors.

I will be elk hunting unit 55 in Colorado this first rifle season, as well as pronghorn hunting, and whitetail hunting back east.

My original intention was to get a Razor 10-30 spotting scope and the viper nocs.

I think I'll just got with the nocs now but can't make up my mind.

What are your thoughts?

Three questions:

1. Are the new Vipers made in Japan still?
2. Do we have an EE section for binoculars?
3. Best vendor to buy from (figured I'd wait till the 4th and see about sales)

Thanks for your help.
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 11:08:58 AM EDT
[#1]
I have the Razor HD's and they are spectacular!  Used them side by side with a pair of top of the line swaro's and ended up returning the swaro's.  Not saying the Vortex were better than Swaro, just that they weren't that different.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 9:51:30 AM EDT
[#2]
I have the Razor HD in 10x42. The question you need to ask yourself... are the Razor HD's 50% more price tag worth the extra 10% in performance over the Viper HD? If money is not an option it is a no brainer but once you get to the level of the $500ish binos you are at a level where a whole lot of money doesn't get you a whole lot of return anymore. Same principle going from the Razor's to the Swaro's.

Just my opinion though...I am sure others will disagree.

Edit: BTW if you have not purchased yet I bought my Razor HD 10x42 from a vendor on another very well known forum for $999 out the door....if you can't find a better price drop me a pm....not sure of the forums policy of outside vendors but this guy is great to deal with. I also purchased a Razor HD 5-20x50 through him for an amazing price for a bolt gun.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:37:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Never looked through Razors but I love my Viper HD's.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top