Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/1/2017 4:48:47 PM EDT
My dad's birthday is coming up soon and he's expressed an interest in an indoor/outdoor thermometer for the cabin in NEPA.  Since one of the main uses is hunting, I thought about getting something appropriate and found
Amazon Product
  • Learns and displays optimum condition for hunting and fishing
  • Displays daily highs and lows
  • Predicts forecast

Right price range, but looks...cheesy?

Does anyone have any experience with these?  Or should I get a more generic one?
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 5:01:54 PM EDT
[#1]
I have had one sort of like that from LLBean for six or so years. Works great and have only replaced batteries once.
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 5:11:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Davis Vantage Pro2
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 5:23:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 6:24:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Davis Vantage Pro2
View Quote
Starts at a mere $600...that's about an order of magnitude out of my price range.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 1:15:51 PM EDT
[#5]
I wound up getting the AcuRite - Amazon Warehouse had it for under $20 - if it doesn't work out for the cabin, it's no huge loss.

And to paraphrase Shrek, I promise I will return to report, unless I forget or have something better to do.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top