Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/8/2017 11:36:54 AM EDT
I first spotted this deer perhaps 10 days ago about 400 yards away... got some video and pics and then later moved a feeder and game cam to the area. Got a good game cam pic, some of which I posted in the FL HTF.

Last night, I was hunting a spot about 3/4 of a mile away from the first spotting location, and look who showed up... he/she was with what I believe were the same two deer seen with him/her previously.

This is why I always try to keep a camera handy when hunting, you never know what you will see. The deer are on private property I have access to... and why it's not impossible for the deer to fall to a poacher later on, it's highly unlikely. Looks like I might be able to monitor this deer in the years to come. Can't tell if it's a male or female.

I've never seen a piebald in the wild let alone a completely white deer... through my scope I could find no brown at all. Hope you guys/gals like the pic...

" />
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 12:02:43 PM EDT
[#1]
I prefer white meat
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 12:27:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Neat!
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 12:50:02 PM EDT
[#3]
A #ShaunKingSoWhite deer.
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 2:43:32 PM EDT
[#4]
It will probably make an  interesting wall mount for someone.
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 3:00:32 PM EDT
[#5]
That's a cool thing to see

When I moved to VA years ago friends let me hunt their property, mostly hay fields.  Before the season started I walked around looking for sign and there she was on the far side of the field and all white.  The wind was at my back and in her face...  She let me walk across the field towards her until I could almost touch her.  She eventually turned and "walked" away but she was just as curious as I was.

Glad you got to see that, most people don't.
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 11:45:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Albino? 
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 10:56:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 11:08:07 PM EDT
[#8]
It could be a white fallow deer, it is hard to tell from the photo.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 3:08:47 PM EDT
[#9]
We had a couple of "Piebald" deer on the 700 acre dairy farm I hunt a number of years ago.  The people on the farm "thought they were cute" and novel and asked that we don't shoot them - even though we preached the need to remove those genetic mutations from the herd.  1 looked like a dalmation. Almost all white with tiny black spots, just like the dog.  The other one was mostly white and looked like a cow - blotches of black spots just like a heffer.  My friend had seen them a number of times during archery - danger close and said it was pretty cool as they really were spotted like a dalmation or cow.  I finally saw them during gun season on a drive and it was eerie watching these white ghosts running through fall brown foliage.  I was actually amazed how much like a dalmation and cow they looked like.  They must of known that they had a "safety pass" and they weren't really scared of people in the woods.  It was a terrible mistake for the 2 brown ones that were travelling with them when gun season hit.  They must have been taken out somewhere because we never saw them again.

There was another deer on a huge tract I hunt that had white forelegs from the "knees" down.  The patriarch Mom on the land named this doe "two socks" like the wolf in Dances with wolves and we were told NOT to kill it.  We all passed it up on numerous occasions until we did a big drive.  Rick was up high on the hill and we heard him shoot once.  When he dragged it out we noticed he had cut the front legs off.  We all knew he killed two socks but he didn't want "Mom" to see us dragging it out of the woods.  She intercepted us and was none the wiser even though a field dressed deer had no front legs on the drag out.  His nickname is two socks now in the woods.....
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:32:15 PM EDT
[#10]
I saw a few albino deer once when I was a teen. Luckily my neighbor saw them too, because when I told my dad when he got home, he looked at me like I had four eyes and a ufo landed out back. He didn't believe me until he asked our neighbor as well and she confirmed it. Apparently there was an albino deer farm nearby that had some damaged fences and some got out.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 4:00:38 PM EDT
[#11]
We have quite a few white deer here in Central Wisconsin. Have had a mature white buck and doe come through when I was hunting. It's quite the sight to behold with them slowly walking through the woods.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top