Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2016 7:17:10 PM EDT
Anyone have any experience with the Hell's Canyon 4-1 Parka, by browning. Pretty sure I'm about to buy it, but have found very little on it (review wise, but everything I've seen has been positive).

Just want to make sure it's going to keep me warm in the woods on cold hunts.

http://www.browning.com/products/outdoor-clothing/hells-canyon/hells-canyon-4-in-1-primaloft-parka.html
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 9:30:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Tag for interest.  I've been slowly revamping my cold weather hunting clothes, trying for less layers but better materials.  Looking at this parka and the basspro cws parka.  May also consider cabelas wooltimate pullovers.
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 12:37:40 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't have the 4-1 parka, but I have a midweight Hell's Canyon jacket that has been excellent.  

My only issue with Hell's Canyon is the jackets are very fitted, so if your waistline expands beyond a certain point they still fit great in the shoulders but zipping them up can be an issue
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 11:12:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't have the 4-1 parka, but I have a midweight Hell's Canyon jacket that has been excellent.  

My only issue with Hell's Canyon is the jackets are very fitted, so if your waistline expands beyond a certain point they still fit great in the shoulders but zipping them up can be an issue
View Quote

What temps have you had it down to and did it keep you warm?
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 9:04:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I prefer it for times when I'm still hunting during Muzzleloader and early rifle (basically November in Virginia, where it's 40s to 50s).  It doesn't do as well for hunting from a stand, because I find the close fit doesn't seem to be as insulating as a looser, traditional fit.  So not a do everything jacket, but a useful and worthwhile part of gear.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top