Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/11/2016 12:10:59 PM EDT
I'm looking for an android app that will work without cell service, and, let's me draw property boundaries on USGS topo maps or equivalent maps.  I'm finding apps that work without cell service and let me overlay topo maps, but it isn't clear to me whether I can draw property boundaries on maps.

Inputs would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 9/11/2016 4:44:12 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm interested as well. Both of my hunting areas have little to no cell service.
Link Posted: 9/11/2016 10:01:08 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm trying Huntstand. It's fre . So far so good.

It'll let you draw your own boundaries, but I won't need to.  You just touch your property on what looks like a Google maps image and it outlines the property for you. Says how,many acres and,even says who owns it.
Link Posted: 9/12/2016 8:10:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Onxmaps. Chip for your gps or a phone app.

Link Posted: 9/16/2016 5:17:14 PM EDT
[#4]
OnXHunt is the only map you'll ever need.
Link Posted: 9/18/2016 10:13:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/21/2016 12:01:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is there any way to tell on OnXHunt what public land can legally be hunted and what cannot?
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 12:57:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Is there any way to tell on OnXHunt what public land can legally be hunted and what cannot?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't think so. It does list the type of public land if that helps. I am not familiar with your area, but we have the Wyoming chip and it breaks it down by state, National Forest, BLM, etc. Very accurate. I will never be without it. I use a GPS but a lot of people use the app and are happy.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 6:57:32 PM EDT
[#8]
onyxmaps

use on your cell phone, throw it into airplane mode if you're in the mountains, works very well.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 11:34:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I don't think so. It does list the type of public land if that helps. I am not familiar with your area, but we have the Wyoming chip and it breaks it down by state, National Forest, BLM, etc. Very accurate. I will never be without it. I use a GPS but a lot of people use the app and are happy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have the gps chip for Colorado and purchased the Iowa maps for my android it is awesome
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top