Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/13/2016 1:00:44 PM EDT
Lost my deer feeder to a flood this spring so I have to replace it. I had pure hell with the timer/battery lasting more than a a month at a time on the wild game innovations so I don't want to go that route again. Any ideas?
Link Posted: 8/13/2016 3:07:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Lost my deer feeder to a flood this spring so I have to replace it. I had pure hell with the timer/battery lasting more than a a month at a time on the wild game innovations so I don't want to go that route again. Any ideas?
View Quote

Budget?
Link Posted: 8/13/2016 6:01:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Budget?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Budget?

I'm not spending to much. Like I said, lost it to a flood and don't feel like loosing another $200.
I was thinking about something like the redneck gravity because it's only $80.
Link Posted: 8/13/2016 6:25:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I'm not spending to much. Like I said, lost it to a flood and don't feel like loosing another $200.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Budget?

I've been impressed with my stand and fill from academy, I think it was around $200 though. I used a cheap plastic $100 tripod feeder for years inside a feed pen.
Try driving some tposts or rebar into the ground and wiring the legs of the feeder to them to prevent being lost again or get a hanging feeder and hang it from a tree. I've seen guys do that quite a bit on uneven ground.
Link Posted: 8/14/2016 7:57:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Not to de-rail the thread but how do you keep raccoons from robbing it?
I have had a moultrie for several years(6+). My major issue is the coons stealing the feed.
I have a cage built around the feeder head and have tried a shocker unit but still have tons of pics of the little bastards having a feeding party on the feeder.
Link Posted: 8/14/2016 8:53:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Not to de-rail the thread but how do you keep raccoons from robbing it?
I have had a moultrie for several years(6+). My major issue is the coons stealing the feed.
I have a cage built around the feeder head and have tried a shocker unit but still have tons of pics of the little bastards having a feeding party on the feeder.
View Quote

You pretty much just have to kill them all. I have cages around mine and have tried tack strips and they still break my motors off. I've heard of people using grease on the feeder legs or PVC pipes so the coons cant get a grip and climb up.
Link Posted: 8/14/2016 11:28:41 AM EDT
[#6]
I love my all seasons stand and fill. It a bit out of your budget but all Ive had to do is put corn in it.

Link Posted: 8/14/2016 1:07:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I love my all seasons stand and fill. It a bit out of your budget but all Ive had to do is put corn in it.

View Quote

Normally I would buy the higher end stuff. I had 7ft of flood water last year take my feeder out and I don't want to loose that money every year.
Link Posted: 8/15/2016 6:17:19 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Normally I would buy the higher end stuff. I had 7ft of flood water last year take my feeder out and I don't want to loose that money every year.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

One of my buddies goes through the same thing. We were joking about putting pontoons on one.

Link Posted: 8/16/2016 9:59:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
One of my buddies goes through the same thing. We were joking about putting pontoons on one.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The last two years have been hell with all the rain. Corn is just about useless because all the acorns and with winter being mild, things are green all the way into December.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top