Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/19/2015 6:28:14 PM EDT
Has anyone come across any ballistic info for the Remington Accutip slugs? Specifically the 12 gauge 3" 385 grain ones? It's advertised at 1900fps. I'd just like an idea of the trajectory over distance. Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 9:18:43 PM EDT
[#1]
They're going to be pretty much the same as all the sabot slugs.  Sight them in at 100 and keep shots around there.
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 8:52:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Keep in mind that 1900fps is out of a 28 or 32" barrel. I don't remember which

It's a great round
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 9:38:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Why?

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They're going to be pretty much the same as all the sabot slugs.  Sight them in at 100 and keep shots around there.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/20/2015 10:12:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Why?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Why?

Quoted:

Why not?  Slugs are dropping at a pretty rapid rate after 100 yards...they're not aerodynamic by any stretch of the imagination(very low BC) and they're not flying very fast to begin with.  They have rainbow like ballistics.

I've shot lots of rifled slug guns with Sabot, and very few are accurate enough for me to be comfortable taking shots on game over 125 or so.  I know that some people are fine with spray and pray...me, not so much.  Maybe that's why I spend so much more time tracking other people's wounded animals than my own.

EDIT: Read my post and it sounds 'elitist' or 'snobish' didn't mean it that way....just my experience with sabots and slug guns.
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 11:43:22 AM EDT
[#5]
It really doesn't matter what the box says as far as velocity.  I've never seen a bullet, slug, or shotshell that listed accurate velocity, it seems the velocity listed is "optimum" from a 32" barrel with 86 degree temps. at an altitude of 3582' above sea level on September fourth two days past the full moon.

You will need to run them over a chrony. to get an accurate velocity to determine drop.

However, the info from the factory is here.

https://support.remington.com/SLUGS/Ballistics_for_Remington_Shotgun_Slug_Ammunition

Link Posted: 11/20/2015 1:59:42 PM EDT
[#6]
True.  I suppose most people don't spend the money on an accurate slug gun and take the time to figure out the ballistics.  I use a Savage 220 and I killed two deer at around 180 yards a couple years back.  Actually knocked the doe down and she never got back up.  Using 20 gauge Hornady SST's and a Bushnell DOA250 scope.

Quoted:

Why not?  Slugs are dropping at a pretty rapid rate after 100 yards...they're not aerodynamic by any stretch of the imagination(very low BC) and they're not flying very fast to begin with.  They have rainbow like ballistics.

I've shot lots of rifled slug guns with Sabot, and very few are accurate enough for me to be comfortable taking shots on game over 125 or so.  I know that some people are fine with spray and pray...me, not so much.  Maybe that's why I spend so much more time tracking other people's wounded animals than my own.

EDIT: Read my post and it sounds 'elitist' or 'snobish' didn't mean it that way....just my experience with sabots and slug guns.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why?

Quoted:

Link Posted: 11/21/2015 7:39:02 AM EDT
[#7]
So as it turns out, ballistics don't matter as much at 16 yards...

Link Posted: 11/21/2015 6:05:01 PM EDT
[#8]
THAT is a mighty fine looking deer you have there. At the stated range you just need to point and shoot. Sights just get in the way when their that close.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top