Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/12/2015 7:28:44 PM EDT
I hunt whenever I have the opportunity to get out, but have always wondered if the predictions in the solunar tables are accurate. Where do they get their data?
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 8:26:12 PM EDT
[#1]
yes they are accurate. I believe its when the moon is directly overhead or on the other side of planet or something like that.  Works for fishing anyway.
Link Posted: 10/14/2015 2:46:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/14/2015 4:27:16 PM EDT
[#3]
temperature and barometric pressure are far more valuable than moon phase...

There's a good write up from a place that hunts 25 guys every single day during the hunting season and compiled data for 5 years then overlaid moon phase data.  There was no correlation to moon phase and deer movement in their data.  However, cold fronts definitely had a statistically significant impact on the numbers of deer seen.

I don't even bother looking at moon phases...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top