Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/12/2015 10:13:04 PM EDT
I bought a rem 700 300 bo with the intention of a short range deer rifle for kidos, anyone done this I hear the recoil is low and very pleasant to shoot.
Link Posted: 8/13/2015 7:41:42 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm a big fan of the blackout. Very soft recoil, even softer with a van on end.

I did the shorter handi rifle for mine

Both deer I shot last year were with a blackout. One was  DRT the other ran a few yards
Link Posted: 8/16/2015 9:39:00 PM EDT
[#2]
I have had a few kids use my .300 Blk on different animals with good results.  Its a 9" AAC upper SBR'd on a RRA lower with a YHM suppressor, I like the collapsible stock the best for the kids because they are not all big enough for even youth rifle stocks.  I have also let a lot of kids use a 6.8 Stag model 5 AR with a 16'' barrel with good results.  I use  Leupold VXR 3-9's on the rifles I let kids use I like the illuminated dot to help them get on target better.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top