Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/24/2015 5:24:43 PM EDT
so I walked into the LGS today with several options I've been wanting.  I want a Glock 19 gen4, either a Savage or a Reminton bolt gun in .308 and finally a Marlin lever action in .357

So I walk in expecting to put money down on one of those, but it didn't happen.  I actually ended up buying a CVA V2 Scout .44mag, brushed stainless finish, flutted barrel, break action, single shot.  Comes drilled and tapped and with a scope mount. Paid $339.

It will be my new deer rifle.

CVA V2 Scout .44mag
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 11:35:19 PM EDT
[#1]
That wouldn't work for my type of hunting but that's a cool gun nonetheless. Good score.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 3:17:13 AM EDT
[#2]
I didn't know they made any centerfire rifles.  That's really neat, now I want one.  44 magnum from a rifle will lay the deer out.  There's a pretty good article on REALGuns online about the Ruger 77/44.  I think they had chronographed some Remington 180gr bullets in factory 44 magnum ammo at 2200-2300 fps from the muzzle.  They had a range of bullet weights they tried out.  I can verify a 180 gr Hornady XTP will make a large through and through on a deer from the Southern US without any problems.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 7:06:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Saw a video on YouTube where a guy took the blued version of this gun and had the barrel chopped to 16" and threaded for his .45 supressor for hunting.

I think that would be an absolutely sweet set up, but it's not legal (yet) to hunt with a supressor in Michigan.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 10:01:04 AM EDT
[#4]
I bought my new deer rifle in June with lottery winnings.I got a Savage Axis .308 with camo stock and a Bushnell scope attached.Sighted it in a couple weeks ago and am ready for deer season in northern Michigan.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top