Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/18/2015 2:58:08 PM EDT
I'm thinking about getting a new Savage 220 for slug hunting next year, and in a small bout of vanity, I'm considering getting one with a factory camouflage stock.  Not because I think when I'm sitting 15+ feet up in the air the deer will care one bit about whether my stock is black synthetic, wood, or some fancy camo pattern.  But I kind of like how they look, so I thought it might be fun, especially since all my other hunting longarms are all about practicality.

Here's the question - how well do these stocks hold up to hunting?  Are they just a factory hydrodip, or something else?  Some honest field wear is not a concern, but the camo stocks command a premium, and if it's going to look like crap after a season or two I might was well just save some cash and get the plain black synthetic.  

Here's a stock picture of the slug gun in question:

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top