Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/13/2015 8:35:50 AM EDT
Here's a film of a hunt from this week, enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzqDDrWq9OQ
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 8:58:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Great work! Absolutely beautiful! Congratulations on the fine stag. What part of NZ was this filmed in? Do you guide and film? How is the fly fishing there?
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 7:45:42 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Great work! Absolutely beautiful! Congratulations on the fine stag. What part of NZ was this filmed in? Do you guide and film? How is the fly fishing there?
View Quote

Thanks! This was filmed on the West Coast of the South Island. I don't guide. The fly fishing is, I understand, very good.
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 11:19:28 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Thanks! This was filmed on the West Coast of the South Island. I don't guide. The fly fishing is, I understand, very good.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Ill be touring there in November and was looking to hiring a fishing guide for a day while there. We will be Flying in to Christchurch from Sydney, after touring Australia. Visiting Grasmere Lodge in the Southern Alps, Arthurs Pass, Hokitika, West Coast Bush, Franz Josef Glacier,Westwood Lodge near Westland National Park, Queenstown, then flying to Rotorua to see the geothermal springs and Maori people. Then on to Waitomo Caves and on to Aukland to fly home. It's the trip of a lifetime for us and completes our bucket list of setting foot on every continent. (The hardest was the Antarctic Peninsula in 2012 but we did it) I try to fish or hunt wherever I can and look forward to presenting a fly or two in NZ.

Link Posted: 4/16/2015 1:42:20 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Ill be touring there in November and was looking to hiring a fishing guide for a day while there. We will be Flying in to Christchurch from Sydney, after touring Australia. Visiting Grasmere Lodge in the Southern Alps, Arthurs Pass, Hokitika, West Coast Bush, Franz Josef Glacier,Westwood Lodge near Westland National Park, Queenstown, then flying to Rotorua to see the geothermal springs and Maori people. Then on to Waitomo Caves and on to Aukland to fly home. It's the trip of a lifetime for us and completes our bucket list of setting foot on every continent. (The hardest was the Antarctic Peninsula in 2012 but we did it) I try to fish or hunt wherever I can and look forward to presenting a fly or two in NZ.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I hope you enjoy your trip! I live in Hokitika on the West Coast, Westland is a great place, spectacular country. Sorry that I can't recommend a fishing guide at all, all my hunting/fishing is self-directed (and I'm not much of a fisherman!)
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 11:07:37 AM EDT
[#5]
And how did you get all the meat out from where you shot the Stag?  How many trips did it take?

EBR666
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 10:12:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Great video!!  I really need to get out of this state and hunt different parts of the world.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 5:50:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 6:00:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Beautiful!!!  Thanks for sharing!
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 12:57:05 AM EDT
[#9]
thats a dream hunt of mine. how did you get the meat out?
Link Posted: 5/11/2015 5:54:49 AM EDT
[#10]
What meat was practical to carry out was butchered in situ and packed out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top