Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/8/2014 2:43:03 PM EDT
I'm going up to very northern kansas this weekend for gun season.  This is private land and baiting is legal in KS.  I haven't used bait/attractants before but since it will only be up there for a few days I've decided to try it.  I would be placing them on Friday daytime and would be hunting for the next 48 hours.  Any recommendations for quick acting stuff?  I have heard good things about deer-cane and apple flavored corn.
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 4:13:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I'm going up to very northern kansas this weekend for gun season.  This is private land and baiting is legal in KS.  I haven't used bait/attractants before but since it will only be up there for a few days I've decided to try it.  I would be placing them on Friday daytime and would be hunting for the next 48 hours.  Any recommendations for quick acting stuff?  I have heard good things about deer-cane and apple flavored corn.
View Quote

If you want an attractant, only food works this time of year. Minerals are for the spring and early summer, when they are eating greens that are high in water, leaching their system of water soluble minerals. This time of year, deer rarely hit mineral sites, as most of what they are eating have a low water content.

The best, super fast deer attractant I've ever used, is corn mixed with molasses.
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 2:24:07 PM EDT
[#2]
I've always used and had luck with Big & J's B2. But I have it out often throughout the year and have had my sites established with it for years as well so I cannot say for sure just how quickly it would attract on a fresh piece of ground. Might give it a try though, cant hurt. Any Cabelas, Basspro or Tractor Supply Co should have it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top