Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/30/2014 10:10:11 AM EDT
Should I use them? or just sit and try note past to get winded?  The rut is going on but on the downswing and ive had mixed results with scents in the past.  what say you?
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 10:32:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Code Blue or Tinks 69.  I use it all the time.  I don't really know if it works or not, but I almost always just say screw it and hang a few scent wicks anyway.
It makes me feel like I'm tilting the odds in my favor even if I'm really just hurting myself.
I pee in active scrapes too.  I really do think that works because when I do, they are always torn up the next day.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 11:52:33 AM EDT
[#2]
I use buck bombs. Just a few squirts on some branches where I want deer to stop, a puff or two once I'm in my stand into the air as well. I think it definetly piques their curiosity and couldn't hurt
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 4:05:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Rut on the downswing right now? I think that is erroneous
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 10:39:06 PM EDT
[#4]
it will be on the NY gun opener.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 1:14:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Gotcha

For the most part, scents and their use, is a big gimmick. During gun season, at least here, deer are more worried about running for their lives than looking for a hot doe.

Even during the best of times, using scents is an extremely difficult, and usually futile affair.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 1:21:37 PM EDT
[#6]
NY Gun Opener is early this year in the southern zone. Nov 15th.
Damn right I'll be putting Tinks out and puffing the buck bomb all day.

I once had a buck come in on a string from 150 yards out to a doe scent set up.
After opening day sitting we just usually drive the thickets and shoot the shit out
of them anyway.  Ive even got one making osso bucco in the kitchen while the other
guys were in the woods.  Pushed the deer right into the back yard.  25 yard drags are awesome.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top