Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/22/2014 2:58:56 PM EDT
1100 acre club in Gaffney SC...

Back Aug 3 I swapped out my camera cards. Went out this AM 8/22/14 to change the cards again and the whole camera #2 is gone. I dont buy expensive cameras because of this, but it still angers me. Its sad to think but from now on, Im doubling up my cameras. One to watch a area and another to watch a camera from higher up and hidden.

Moultrie Game spy A5.

Last footage from 8/3 had this 7-8 pointer. Camera 2 @ 2:22 in the video.  VIDEO LINK
I was hoping to see him or his Daddy today.

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 11:12:05 PM EDT
[#1]
You are in some thick country.  I never did any of this, but have heard it works.  

Find their entry trails on the edge of your property, string barbed wire a foot off the ground tied to two trees.  It does hell on a four wheeler and hurts the one going over the handle bars.  Typically, trespassers will branch trails all over your place, yet only have two, possibly three entry points.

To narrow down the entry points, use monofilament fishing line around your borders to find them.  Hang cameras on those trails, they will not suspect cameras not around feeders, deer trails, etc.

Here in Texas it is HOT and pigs are all over just prior to deer season.  Hunt these entry trails for pigs, two of you at a time.  The first one speaks, then the second one.  Trespassers quickly realize it is not worth it to do anything stupid.  They wear all camo, facemasks, etc so you can't tell who they are on camera.  Do the same, they won't know who the two people were that beat the hell out of them.  Who are they going to call?

In all honesty, it is usually kids out hunting without their parents.  All they need is a little guidance/discipline.  For the meth heads, one encounter and they don't come back.  They just want to do their thing and go on.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 11:18:16 PM EDT
[#2]
I use a lock on mine just in case
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 8:42:42 AM EDT
[#3]
I use the computer lock down kits. It's a cable about 1/4 thick with a loop on one end and a small crimped eyelet on the other.
It threads through some cams back plate. Work fairly well. Had one stolen before I used them.
Haven't lost one in years.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 10:02:48 AM EDT
[#4]
More likely than not, it was someone who did not like the idea of having their picture on so one else's camera.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 5:40:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Just ordered 3 more cams. Im going to put one exactly where the other was taken. and with the other 2 Im going to find a place to put them to watch both camera sites.

Im hoping to catch some footage of the thief.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 5:56:50 PM EDT
[#6]
wheres that cam that takes pic and sends it to your
email/phone...
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 8:06:38 AM EDT
[#7]

my hunting party (3 guys) has had two permanent  stands disassembled and stolen, they took everything, including all the lag bolts.

they also stole, 1 feeder, 2 cams and 1 ladder stand. One of these cams was way up in a tree, as it was the overwatch cam.  I think they must have been using some kind of night vision to spot the IR.. I dunno much about it though.

This is all on 200 acres of  private property, posted.

we went back in and put up more stands, except those had GPS trackers inside of them.... we paid for the service for a year and nobody has touched anything, go figure.

Link Posted: 8/28/2014 7:53:02 PM EDT
[#8]
I lost a camera and feeder last summer. We have a power line right of way  that runs through our property, asplundh came up to clean them up. 2 weeks later I was robed. After talking to some neighbors there were several others that were robed as well. Of coarse not having any proof asplundh won't do anything about it, but everyone that had stuff taken on my road all have right of ways that were cleared by them a few weeks prior. I switched to the spy point that has the remote memory so I will have proof next time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top