Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/5/2014 4:25:25 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/5/2014 5:43:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Stop it, you're torturing me!!!!!  Deer season is still months away!!!!!!!

Old Marine
Link Posted: 7/5/2014 5:46:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 7:41:44 PM EDT
[#3]

Several pictures of this dude over the past two weeks.

Link Posted: 7/21/2014 6:02:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Nice one. Keep em' comin' fellas.

Why not start a trail cam pic thread of the upcoming season bucks that we want to pursue?
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 8:29:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Don't have the cam out yet. Have to get a new one.

I have been driving around the fields by my house and I am pumped. About 10 bucks within .5 miles of me. One looks like he'll grow to 140" or so. 2 other decent ones and the rest all basket racks and spikers. Does everywhere. Almost hit one every night. About five miles away there is a field that had 13 bucks in it. 5 real nice ones and a beast. Kinda far but there is always a chance with the rut.

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 8:35:32 AM EDT
[#6]
No cameras out yet. The temptation is strong though. Waiting until mid august.

Getting the bow out and tuned up though. 52 days!
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 5:15:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Well, get those cams out, boys. Lets get those pics rollin'.

I've had cams out since the beginning of Jan., and have several thousand pics. Of just about any wildlife that can be found in western TN. Turkey, bobcat, raccoon, fox, coyote, crows, and of course deer.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 6:18:16 PM EDT
[#8]
I got a new Primos Ultra 46 that goes out tomorrow.  Can't wait to get some pics back and see what is stomping around.  

UPDATE:   Here is what I pulled off yesterday evening.  Nothing huge, but encouraging to see this many bucks hitting the feeder with all the crops still up around us.  Put another 250lbs of corn in, and a fully charged battery.  Good to roll for 6 more weeks.

On another note, should I move this camera farther away from the feeder to get a wider view?  I do want to keep it "up" so I can see past what is directly in front of the camera into the brush behind.

Link Posted: 7/27/2014 1:55:58 PM EDT
[#9]
All I got so far is one really active doe. Put out another cam 2 weeks back. Cant wait to see whats on it.
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 6:43:48 AM EDT
[#10]
Requoting this question here so the thread will bump to the top.  If it doesn't belong here, tell me and I will FO.

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

On another note, should I move this camera farther away from the feeder to get a wider view?  I do want to keep it "up" so I can see past what is directly in front of the camera into the brush behind.

View Quote

Link Posted: 8/3/2014 11:25:59 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Requoting this question here so the thread will bump to the top.  If it doesn't belong here, tell me and I will FO.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I would move it. The wider the view, the better the pic. But be careful, cause to far out, and everything in the pics will be too small to see if you want to look a little closer. Good pics btw. Some really good lookin deer there.
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 3:51:52 PM EDT
[#12]

A buddy sent me this pic. South Jersey deer.

This horrible pic was taken from my kitchen table with a cheap spotting scope. Hes about 480 yards out. Soybean fed.
Link Posted: 8/10/2014 2:50:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Here is the latest of the biggest I have on camera.  Do antlers continue to grow at an inch or so a week until early Sept, or do they slow down?  His tines are not early as long as the one I shot last year, not sure he will catch up.  

Link Posted: 8/12/2014 10:46:34 AM EDT
[#14]
Nice pics gents.

I would say his antlers are most likely done, or very close to being done growing by now.
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 2:01:45 PM EDT
[#15]
I will save you all from having a heart attack posting the bucks I have on my cam  Chances are you will want to become my friend haha
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 5:21:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I will save you all from having a heart attack posting the bucks I have on my cam  Chances are you will want to become my friend haha
View Quote

Pics, or it didn't happen!
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 6:02:13 PM EDT
[#17]
You asked for it.

These are on the DO NOT shoot list, I think they will make some nice ones next year though.

Link Posted: 8/13/2014 6:12:11 PM EDT
[#18]
These are this years shooters on this farm (262 acres).  I have another that is comparable to the 10 (first 4 pictures) in the pics below but I am too lazy to dig through the pics to find him.  The bottom 2 pictures are a typical 12.  The 2 below I have well over 500 pictures of, probably closer to 1000 between the two.  I have another farm that is 960 acres that I have yet to run the cameras on but last year I had roughly a 170"+ with about a 6"drop tine survive and another buck we call "2 foot" due to his height, not width that survived as well.  Hard to tell what 2 foot really was though, he broke his main beam after the G2 but still carried 11 points.

Link Posted: 8/14/2014 11:31:56 AM EDT
[#19]
Very nice! Gotta love big buck states. I'm originally from Ohio, and go up there every year to hunt the big boys. Over the weekend we saw a couple bowinkles that had spreads over 24", and were at least 18" high.

Can't wait to get up there this year.
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 7:46:03 PM EDT
[#20]

I can't wait!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top