Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/20/2014 11:45:01 AM EDT
What are you guys using for feeders? Hanging? Tripod? I'm looking to get 2 or 3.
Link Posted: 3/20/2014 1:01:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Well I run some feeders year around down here for hogs & what you need to get is a Sun Slinger, just bolt it to your 40 gal can & its good to go for years.
I've got one in the woods rightt now that has 5 years going on it without any issues, just add corn.

http://www.amazon.com/American-Hunter-Slinger-Feeder-Charger/dp/B000FGWQ9W/ref=sr_1_sc_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1395349274&sr=8-1-spell&keywords=sunslionger
Link Posted: 3/20/2014 1:15:58 PM EDT
[#2]
We use tripod spin feeders for corn and gravity fed for protein. The protein is year round and the corn is from about September thru January.
Link Posted: 3/20/2014 1:30:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Winch them from a tree. Where is your property? Bears could be a problem, and they will go to great lengths to knock that feeder over.
Link Posted: 3/22/2014 3:15:20 PM EDT
[#4]
My 4400 acre lease is in Townsend Ga by Ft Stewart and there are bears there.
Link Posted: 3/22/2014 4:30:44 PM EDT
[#5]
I hate bears man. I have never had a problem with them but my buddy had 3 feeders destroyed on a lease in Bay County and another down in Collier County. I am ever weary of feeders these days, but my last lease in Glades County we didn't have a problem for some reason. Only way to find out is to start with a tripod setup, and setup a camera looking over it.
Link Posted: 3/24/2014 1:05:18 PM EDT
[#6]
In bear country I would cement two metal poles in the ground with a thin solid metal bar in between with the feeder hanging from that. Make sure it is high enough that even the tallest bear can not get a claw into it.  The bear will eat every morsel of feed that drops.

A friend did a feeder hanging from a 4x4 buried in about 3' of soil and a bear pushed it over. He than cemented it in and the bear still pushed it over.
Link Posted: 3/25/2014 6:42:12 AM EDT
[#7]
I use tripods with squirrel guards. I also wrap the battery compartments with pipe insulation for extended life.
Link Posted: 5/9/2014 8:29:56 PM EDT
[#8]
I just built a wooden table feeder and had a bear tear the legs off. My camera batteries were dead. No pics.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top