Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/18/2012 2:04:38 PM EDT
I am not new to AR's but I am new to hunting. Has any of you hunted with an AR-15 before? what ammo did you use and did you have sucess?
I been thinking of getting an AR-10 if needed.
Link Posted: 3/18/2012 2:26:24 PM EDT
[#1]
I would use an AR for small to medium size game.  I had several hogs run off with good hits and will not use an AR for hogs again. I know the hogs died but I didn't recover them from the brush.  My percentage on hogs was about a 50% recovery and was using Federal Tactical bonded bullets. The hogs that I lost were in the 100 lb. range but I killed one huge boar without a problem.  The AR was not predictable on the hogs and the shots were not long or questionable hits.

I continue to use the AR for coyotes and smaller animals.
Link Posted: 3/18/2012 4:16:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Look at top of page.
Above this thread.
Link Posted: 3/19/2012 4:25:00 AM EDT
[#3]
please use the tacked thread.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top