Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/12/2019 10:10:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Well after 4 years it looks like #5 will be the last for the Barronett hub blinds from my post above. The last 3 years they have sat out over a month straight in various weather. From 30 mph winds and sleet/ice to -20 and 8 inches of snow. The price has come down on them so I’ll be buying a couple more this year so when one finally shits the bed I’ll have a backup.

I didn’t realize how long I’ve had them until I checked this thread.
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 7:53:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By danc46:

My hunting buddy, departed now several years, always used what we had. Here he is at 105 in the field deer hunting:

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a22/danc46/IMG_0004-4.jpg

If that picture ticks you off, he was 105 and died a few months later at 106. He always made do with what he had and did well.
And he never had much.
View Quote

Just opened this thread and saw this post. You say, "if this picture ticks you off..."  Well hell know it doesn't. Good for him for being 105 and still living life. At 105 I think he has earned the right to do as he likes. Personally, I dont give a shit if he shoots them from sitting inside the truck. I know that might not be the right thing for me to say but good for him for enjoying a beer and a beautiful day and not rotting away in a nursing home.

Just for the record, I dont endorse illegal or unethical hunting practices and I know I am contradicting myself. But it is good to see him out there still living life.
Link Posted: 12/16/2020 11:58:48 PM EDT
[#3]
I didn’t get rid of my Barronett blinds. I used them this year again and one sat out for exactly one month. I bought a 350 this year and my daughter and I sat in it with plenty of room. 70” tall in the center. It is a lot easier to get in and out of compared to the 250s I have.
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 12:39:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Sunday Afternoons hat. Keeps the sun out of your eyes on stand better than anything else. Might not be good for recurve bow or compound bow hunting due to the pronounced brim. I wear one for crossbow deer hunting.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top