Site Notices
7/21/2014 6:12:25 PM
  Previous Page
Page:  / 2
Author
Military
Posted: 2/28/2011 2:32:17 PM
I know this this is the Deer Hunting Forum, but figured you all would be as pissed as I am about this.

I cross posted this in the HTF, but thought my fellow hunters would be interested also.

I saw this article, and it makes me wonder what kind of idiotic, mindless POS would do this?

I admit that I love the outdoors. I am a hunter, and I am not opposed to the killing of game animals.
I was taught "If you shoot it, YOU EAT IT".

For that reason I do not hunt crows/blackbirds/doves/pigeons. Besides the cleaning process to end up with almost nothing for your troubles, I don't like the taste.

Now I can not see any reason anyone would shoot an Eagle.
1) for the reason above
2) which is most important to me. It is the National Bird (a symbol of this nation). I find this as disgusting as someone who burns the American Flag. (Maybe it is my Military Service that causes me to feel this way, but I would like to believe it is because I am an American).

There are really very few things that I am 100% against. Usually I believe to each their own, and just because I do not believe in it doesn't mean that someone else can't.
However, I hope they find this lowlife POS, prosecute, convict and make them a felon.

Yeah I know, some will think "come down off your . The Eagles are making a come back.
I remember the first time that I was out hunting and saw one flying and land in a tree about 50 yards from my stand.

PIKEVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - Wildlife officials are offering a reward to help find the person responsible for shooting a bald eagle in Bledsoe County.
The body of the mature eagle was found about a mile east of state Highway 101 and Big Springs Gap Road.

U.S. Fish and Wildlife spokesman Tom MacKenzie told the Chattanooga Times Free Press the crime is prosecutable under the Bald and Golden Eagle Protection Act and under the Migratory Bird Treaty Act.
The culprit could be fined up to $100,000 and be sentenced to a year in prison.
U.S. Fish and Wildlife and the Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency are offering a $2,500 reward for information about the shooting.
Tennessee hosts about 140 eagle breeding pairs.

IIRC , Thanks
"Ordinary citizens don't need guns, as their having guns doesn't serve the state."- Heinrich Himmler

'The true Soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because He loves what is behind him.' -G. K.
Enigma102083
Military
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/28/2011 2:34:24 PM
Because they taste good with BBQ sauce?
Keeper of the armored eyelids. 11055
rockstar4960
got both
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/28/2011 2:37:40 PM
[Last Edit: 2/28/2011 2:58:20 PM by rockstar4960]
tastes like freedom

it was probably some dumb kid with a .22 or something.
kids have no respect.
shut your face, hippie
sbrider
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/28/2011 3:12:14 PM
Hey!!!! Hold my beer and watch this!!! Bet I can hit him with one shot!!!!
This sums up the mentality of some people. 'nuff said.
P08
WAIT FOR IT!
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/28/2011 3:49:52 PM

Originally Posted By Enigma102083:

Spotted owl is better, almost all dark meat.
He said "Yes you did" I said "No I didn't" she said "Yes you did" then I said "Nuh uh" they said "Uh huh" then I said, If it is gonna be that kind of party I'm stickin my dick in the mashed potatoes.
JellyBelly
Smile!
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/28/2011 4:18:15 PM

Breaded, fried, and dipped in ranch dressing.
The “Three Stupid” Rule: “Do not go to stupid places, with stupid people, and do stupid things”
T18B40
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/28/2011 8:02:55 PM
Originally Posted By JellyBelly:

Breaded, fried, and dipped in ranch dressing.

Just my opinion, but it would probably surprise everybody who actually did this...from teenagers to "adults". Like everybody else, I hope they catch him/them and let them serve the whole sentence, no days knocked off for 1st offenders, etc. What kills me is the comments like these that people post for the whole world to see...I know it's "joking" so to speak, but a bit un-patriotic in my opinion.
dBmV
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/1/2011 9:28:18 PM
Some people have no respect for anything. Unfortunately there are people out there who use any animal as a target then discard it like it was nothing. These types give hunters and shooters a bad name.
martinmayhem
Team Member
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/1/2011 10:02:53 PM
self defense
Those who beat their swords into plows will plow for those who don't.

When defending yourself and fighting agression, you must be more brutal than your enemy.
urbanpi
Proud to be "wordy."
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/1/2011 10:05:32 PM
"Why is light given to a man whose way is hid, and whom God hath hedged in?" Job 3:23
The_Kyle
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/1/2011 11:13:59 PM

supremeweasel67
Military
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/2/2011 1:04:13 AM

Would like to hear the story of this?
IIRC , Thanks
"Ordinary citizens don't need guns, as their having guns doesn't serve the state."- Heinrich Himmler

'The true Soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because He loves what is behind him.' -G. K.
Black-Tiger
GIVE THEM NOTHING, BUT TAKE EVERYTHING!
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/2/2011 1:34:15 AM
Only a slimy little communist shit twinkle-toed cocksucker will shoot a bald eagle.
RIP SGT. Robert "Bobby" Wagner - 8/1/2004, Mosul Iraq.
THIS PLACE RESERVED FOR THE LADIES OF ARFCOM THAT STOLE MY HEART - Compass, RN22lr, TechGal26, XCRMonger, Strawberry_Snaps and whoever I forgot...
badm4
organize before they rise...!
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/2/2011 8:08:55 AM
why would someone shoot a bald eagle ? because they are
stupid
ignorant
have no respect
the worst part of the zombie apocalypse is....... waiting for it to happen !
"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"
-Thomas Jefferson
TomJefferson
OF Who Likes Guns
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/2/2011 10:16:49 AM
When a big bird is killing his chickens, Billybobjimjack doesn't stop to ask him his name.
"We prepare so we don't have to go to the Superdome!"
SS109
Republicans For Voldemort 2012
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/2/2011 10:20:48 AM
To preserve fish stocks?

I know a man who owns a private lake and he is hell on pelicans who eat his trout. Takes them out with an AR. But I don't think even he would take out a bald eagle.

Guy is also obsessed with the pairie dogs that dig their burrows in his earthen dams.
When They Knock Down Your Front Door, How You Going To Come? With Your Hands On Your Head Or On The Trigger Of Your Gun?
Bassist Paul Simonon-The Clash
TurboniumOxide
A few rounds short of a magazine.
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/2/2011 11:23:43 AM
I would like to apologise to the USA for my state, which apparently contains cretins capable of this.

If he is caught you have my word that I will do my best to convert the offender into Eagle chow.
The shuttle Columbia burned up in the atmosphere because the EPA outlawed the more structurally sound main tank foam insulation.
The_Kyle
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/2/2011 12:30:43 PM

Originally Posted By supremeweasel67:

Would like to hear the story of this?

Saw it at my taxidermist's when I was picking up my bear rug. It was a legal kill with an Indian permit. Didn't get all the details, but I guess they allot one tag every few years for tribal purposes. All I know is that even if it was dead and stuffed, it was still amazing to be able to touch its beak and talons, and just see it that close.
markfall
Member is another word for penis
Military
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/2/2011 12:49:07 PM
Commies have guns too.
Nope,... unless your carrying all your gear in a plastic shopping bag, and shooting a mini-14, and wearing a "I'm Gay" T-shirt... your posing.

Rocksarge
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/2/2011 2:19:35 PM
ever been around a cannery in alaska and had one attack you?
Originally Posted By Black-Tiger:
Only a slimy little communist shit twinkle-toed cocksucker will shoot a bald eagle.

M4Madness
The Eye Of Arfcom
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/3/2011 5:16:29 PM
I know of two men (both deceased now) that shot a bald eagle back in the 60's.

I saw a bald eagle yesterday while driving about a quarter of a mile from Buckfever34's in-law's home. What is funny is that a few hundred yards down the highway, there was an older gentleman filming these huge flocks of sandhill cranes with the largest telephoto lenses I have ever seen (think something you would see in an observatory. ) I bet he'd have rather had photos of that eagle.
It is not so much for its beauty that the forest makes a claim upon men's hearts, as for that subtle something, that quality of air that emanation from old trees, that so wonderfully changes and renews a weary spirit.
ds762
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/3/2011 6:21:09 PM
Originally Posted By P08:

Spotted owl is better, almost all dark meat.

supremeweasel67
Military
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/9/2011 11:52:21 AM
Update:

Saw on the news last night that a second Bald Eagle was shot/killed.
Second one was killed within 30 miles of the first one.

There is a $17,000 reward, a good portion of that from Private Citizens.
IIRC , Thanks

Flatulence
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/9/2011 12:15:30 PM
What kind of person shoots a Bald Eagle?

Same kind as the person who rapes women and girls, opresses others, manipulates for greed, etc.

they like to abuse their power and won't stop until there are sufficient deterents.
Lapidary
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/9/2011 1:04:20 PM
[Last Edit: 3/9/2011 1:41:27 PM by Lapidary]
I'm sure my opinion is different from most on here.

Why is an eagle different from any other buzzard? I hear guys bitch about the hell hawks and owls play on small game everywhere, an eagle is no different. In fact eagles are lazy, disgusting birds. Eagles are also very numerous now, if I want to know where a dead animal is in the woods, I don't look for crows or vultures any more, I look for eagles. I don't understand why this animal is considered threatened anymore. I understand that it is our national bird, that doesn't mean it is somehow noble, or anything other than an animal. To think otherwise is just another form of Disney-fication.

Whoever shot this eagle committed a crime and I don't condone that in any form, but from some of the posts on here, you'd think they burned down the Whitehouse while raping an eight year old boy.
Flatulence
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/9/2011 1:10:30 PM
Originally Posted By Lapidary:
I'm sure my opinion is different from most on here.

Why is an eagle different from any other buzzard? I hear guys bitch about the hell hawks and owls play on small game everywhere, an eagle is no different. In fact eagles are lazy, discusting birds. Eagles are also very numerous now, if I want to know where a dead animal is in the woods, I don't look for crows or vultures any more I look for eagles. I don't understand why this animal is considered threatened anymore. I understand that it is our national bird. That doesn't mean it is somehow noble or anything other than an animal. To think otherwise is just another form of Disney-fication.

Whoever shot this eagle committed a crime and I don't condone that in any form, but from some of the posts on here, you'd think they burned down the Whitehouse while raping an eight year old boy.

let that sink in a bit.

Previous Page
Page:  / 2