Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/19/2017 3:32:32 PM EDT
Have an msa sordin with the 6pin lemo looking for a setup to use scott but looks like it is slim pickings for adapters. I don't have any license to transmit but what would you recommend for a handheld?
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 3:43:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Id recommend getting your license. And doing a bunch of background readin in the tacked threads.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 8:03:54 PM EDT
[#2]
1) Get your license
2) There used to be a guy who would do PTT conversions from the military 6-pin/U283 to whatever radio you have as long as you provide the connector for your radio. Unfortunately I can't recall his contact information.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 1:02:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I don't have any license to transmit but what would you recommend for a handheld?
View Quote
Without knowing what you want to do with the radio, it's impossible to make reasonable suggestions.

Is this receive only?

If not, who do you want to talk to? Do you know anything about the different radio services as far as license requirements and usage restrictions?
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 9:37:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
1) Get your license
2) There used to be a guy who would do PTT conversions from the military 6-pin/U283 to whatever radio you have as long as you provide the connector for your radio. Unfortunately I can't recall his contact information.
View Quote
Did he do the proper impedance matching for the audio as well?
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 9:56:49 AM EDT
[#5]
After messing with all that shit for my protacs I threw my hands up and use the clear earpieces and ptt cable.  An elegantly simple solution and I can keep comms when I take off ear pro.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 11:17:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Affirmative.

I wish I had his contact info so I could get a cable whipped up for some Comtacs.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 11:46:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
After messing with all that shit for my protacs I threw my hands up and use the clear earpieces and ptt cable.  An elegantly simple solution and I can keep comms when I take off ear pro.
View Quote
Thats the easy and cheap way to go.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 6:12:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks guys I will have to look into getting my license. I guess the lemo connector is a bit a unique or expensive thing to get to work with some of the radios today.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 8:38:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
1) Get your license
View Quote
With a few minutes, and some parts off Ebay, you can make your own. I made one to use an H250 handset on my Yaesu 857 (or 897/817 for that matter).
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 8:43:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Roger. I need to find a schematic for the pinout on a Hytera...

Quoted:

With a few minutes, and some parts off Ebay, you can make your own. I made one to use an H250 handset on my Yaesu 857 (or 897/817 for that matter).
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 9:20:16 AM EDT
[#11]

Not the prettiest, nor does it really do anything fancy, but it works. I didn't modify the impedance, but audio reports are good. Doesn't get used a whole lot, but I keep it with a portable backpack rig.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 11:45:58 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
http://i.imgur.com/XV1X3mY.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/qpYJZ5L.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/yo3uEt9.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/6TOWo5w.jpg

Not the prettiest, nor does it really do anything fancy, but it works. I didn't modify the impedance, but audio reports are good. Doesn't get used a whole lot, but I keep it with a portable backpack rig.
View Quote
I like your style

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:03:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Yours looks cleaner. I thought about something like that, but figured a small box would be more stable. I might have to try a pigtail sort of like yours one of these days....
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 8:42:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Is there a part number for that pigtail?
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 9:57:45 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Is there a part number for that pigtail?
View Quote
If you're talking about mine, there isn't. It's a home cobbled job
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 10:04:34 AM EDT
[#16]
It's got the cool factor, Oh Yeah!, but there's just something wrong about using a handset that is nearly bigger than your radio, just sayin'...
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 6:54:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Well the last hamfest I went to I got some trrs 3.5mm jacks so I plan on removing the sincgars connector all together.
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 8:35:11 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Well the last hamfest I went to I got some trrs 3.5mm jacks so I plan on removing the sincgars connector all together.
View Quote
litz wire can be a bitch...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top