Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/17/2017 11:20:32 PM EDT
Some of the members of my local club were talking tonight and the topic was coax entry . Apparently a lot of our members just throw the coax out the window . I want to show them some alternatives so post them up .  
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 6:18:28 AM EDT
[#1]
I use the panel from DX engineering with a 2" directly out the back and through my wall.  

image storage api
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 8:31:42 AM EDT
[#2]
I have my coax run through two holes I drilled in my soffit.  Its vinyl siding, and I used a wood boring bit that is just slightly oversized for the coax.
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 8:37:57 AM EDT
[#3]
I like the look of the DXEngineering panel.  Are those slots large enough for LMR-400 (.405") diameter cable, or would those have to use the outer two slots instead?  Would mounting horizontally be better as to put less strain on the coax?
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 5:19:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Here's a thread about my KF7P entrance panel install.  ARCHIVED THREAD - New KF7P Cable Entrance Panel Arrived

PhotoSuckIt hosed my pics, but I managed to rescue them.  BD's KF7P Cable Entrance Panel Shared Album
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 6:41:26 PM EDT
[#5]
This is a pretty cheap DIY approach using gutted non-fused disconnect boxes from Lowes (~$7 ea) & some miscellaneous hardware add-ons.  Cable pass through via holes in a foundation vent previously blocked during foundation encapsulation treatment.

F/F panel fittings are secured to angle stock secured to the box.  LMR-400 equivalent was used from the desk to the box.  Ended up using one line for UHF/VHF dual band & the other for HF.

The boxes are grounded to a ground rod that is also tied to the main service entrance ground.  The left box holds a coax -> ladder line connection via 4:1 balun. The disconnect buss bar was retained to allow for a ladder line disconnect point, high resistance static drains & spark gaps made from old spark plugs.

Nick
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 12:07:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 12:07:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Box by http://www.kf7p.com/

Copper ground strap to ground rods spaced 8ft apart till it attaches to the service ground.

Theres more in the box now. These pics are shortly after install.

Theres also a bus bar in the shack that all coax and radios ground to as well that ties into this box.

Link Posted: 7/19/2017 9:28:06 AM EDT
[#9]
Simple Chimney to Armchair

Shack w/o protection :)

Tray from SPUD7 MTM Box (in green)

Empty Entrance Box on outside, drilled through the back into the shack/barn
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 9:33:33 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Mine looks like this except horizontal in window. I used a 1" x 4" trim board cut to fit window & painted to match house. Got 2 small 3 1/2" x 6" copper plates from Amazon that were 1/8" thick & screwed them to both sides of trim board. Used a step bit to drill 4 holes thru both sides for coax barrel type bulkhead fittings. Mounted a small post for ground that protrudes to inside of panel. Used some stick on weatherstripping around panel & closed window on it. Then cut a steel rod that fits inside my window track so it can't forced open. Copper strap from outside post on the panel down to an 8' ground rod.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top