User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 11:33:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Wonder if this is why I'm seeing like over a dozen different simultaneous conversations in JT-65 on 40m. Have never seen that many people on there before.

For JT-65 I've been using that JT65-HF-HB9HQX edition. May have to download the new WSJT-X. I've heard some people don't much care for the old version, but they didn't say why.
View Quote
That explains what I was seeing last night then..... never seen that many of what I assumed to be JT65 on the fish finder before.
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 5:51:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

That explains what I was seeing last night then..... never seen that many of what I assumed to be JT65 on the fish finder before.
View Quote
Static crashes on HF were wicked, seems like when the band condx are shit everyone jumps to JT65 and CW.
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 7:55:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Just worked the JosepTaylor on 20M FT8.  Yeah, I'm kind of a big deal 
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 10:01:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote
It really is. Need to send him a QSL card. Will be up there with my Antartica one.
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 2:08:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote
Worked him today on 20 FT8.  Definitely sending a card for that one!  Was getting ready to pack it up and OMG, there he was.  He had some trouble getting stepped on so he asked for QSY.  Moved down and TXed a couple of times and he finally got back to me on his original freq.  Took screenshot too!  It was a good day!

ETA: There should be a QRZ award for working K1JT on all his modes then all bands.  Call it the WAJT.
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 9:33:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Worked him today on 20 FT8.  Definitely sending a card for that one!  Was getting ready to pack it up and OMG, there he was.  He had some trouble getting stepped on so he asked for QSY.  Moved down and TXed a couple of times and he finally got back to me on his original freq.  Took screenshot too!  It was a good day!

ETA: There should be a QRZ award for working K1JT on all his modes then all bands.  Call it the WAJT.
View Quote
I love that idea!

He usually has a pile up where ever he goes......
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 6:36:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Just saw this now that I just got my KX3 back from Elecraft.

Just had my first FT8 QSO.
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 8:40:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote
It was good to work you on 30 meters .  Fun, isn't it!?!
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 8:52:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It does.

I can't drink as much as on JT65, though.
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 8:58:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

It does.

I can't drink as much as on JT65, though.
View Quote
Depends how much you trust the auto pilot (sequencer), and if you're capable of hitting the log button .
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 11:48:52 PM EDT
[#11]
I really like this new mode. I did 25 QSO's today before dinner called.
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 1:40:38 PM EDT
[#12]
For those that want to roll their own latest beta versions of the new FT8 protocol. This allows you to keep up with all of the improvements as the program develops.  

https://sourceforge.net/projects/jtsdk/files/win32/2.0.0/

Version list of changes
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 8:27:18 PM EDT
[#13]
My antenna blew down in the spring and I have been too busy to try and get any antenna going.  I download the new WSJT-X version and got a portable wire up but thunderstorms are killing my RX now.

It seems like a cool mode, I am going the spend my free time tonight playing around with it.
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 10:10:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Decided that since all the cool kids were doing it, I'd stick my toe in the water too.

Got my first FT8 contact. You definitely have to be on your toes with WSJT-X with the new mode. It's hard to be fast when you're first figuring out what all the buttons do and which ones to push in what order. Thankfully, I'm a quick learner.
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 11:34:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Did LOTW add FT8 yet?
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 5:29:50 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
For those that want to roll their own latest beta versions of the new FT8 protocol. This allows you to keep up with all of the improvements as the program develops.  

https://sourceforge.net/projects/jtsdk/files/win32/2.0.0/

Version list of changes
View Quote
I have found RC1 to be the most stable so far.

Also it was nice working you the other day.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top