Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/23/2017 4:34:10 PM EDT
See title

ONly way I can get any power to the antenna is to set the rig into RTTY mode.

Just making sure this is the right way. I normally use my FTDX-3000, but I am setting up portable and using my 7200.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 6:18:11 PM EDT
[#1]
I do not have the answer for you.  But I am strongly thinking of purchasing an Icom 7200 for my first HF rig.  How do you like yours?  Pros and cons?
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 9:21:15 PM EDT
[#2]
On the 7100 and 7300 it depends on how the USB cable is configured.  On the 7300 you can set "Data Off Mod" to "USB"
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 9:51:13 PM EDT
[#3]
As Brundoggie said, it's switchable but there's a few things you need to do:

- Press and hold the M-CH/RIT for  bit for the setup menu to come up.
- Use the channel selector to switch through settings to DATA
- Set data to ON
- Press the M-CH/RIT button AGAIN while in the setting mode (so when it says "DATA ON")
- scroll through with channel selector to USB LVL and set it to 80 or 100. (I use 100 and just use the PC's mixer to set output power)
- scroll to "D-MoD" and set to "U" for upper side band.
- Print M-CH/RIT one last time to exit.

Odds are one of those settings isn't done and it's keeping you from getting output.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 12:07:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I do not have the answer for you.  But I am strongly thinking of purchasing an Icom 7200 for my first HF rig.  How do you like yours?  Pros and cons?
View Quote
I love it. I have it in my portable kit. Imho, great bang for the buck. Receiver isn't as good as my yaesu, but overall it is excellent.

It's my favorite he rig
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 6:49:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Here's a good video on how to get the 7200 up and running on digital.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top