Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/20/2017 4:35:33 PM EDT
I just bought an FT-857D and am considering getting one of the Chinese TCXO clones?  Are they any good?
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 5:47:29 PM EDT
[#1]
I got one years back for my 817... I haven't really noticed a difference though.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 12:15:41 PM EDT
[#2]
I put one in my field use 857D, seems to work as advertised.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 12:43:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Just ordered one. The wait begins.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 11:11:21 AM EDT
[#4]
They are hard to beat for the price. I WAS going to order one.....but found a good deal on a used factory unit.

The one issue I had with the chinese model is that the adjustment is on the bottom, i.e. you can't adjust it while it is mounted. On the Yaesu TCXO, the adjustment is on the topside, so you can zero beat WWV/etc.

My factory reference was about 10hz off. One zero beat to WWV, it would still float around 5hz up or down. The TCXO  keeps it within 1hz.

eta: https://zl2bkc.com/2014/10/29/stability-of-chineese-tcxo-9-in-ft817/
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top