Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/5/2017 10:27:48 PM EDT
Preordered a tyt md-2017. Does anyone know it a md-398 microphone will work on it? I have a Motorola mtx950 with a similar connector but I don't know if it fits or if the pin configuration is the same.

Link Posted: 6/6/2017 8:38:22 AM EDT
[#1]
I can't answer your question, but please let us know what you think of the MD-2017 after you get it on the air.

I'm in the market for a new dual band, and it would be nice to get analog and DMR.
Link Posted: 6/6/2017 1:28:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Is it a 2-pin Kenwood type?  Looks like the new TYT uses a motorola type multi-pin.
Link Posted: 6/6/2017 6:36:58 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm told it looks Moto`ish, but Moto wont fit.

It's radio specific....
Link Posted: 6/8/2017 7:23:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm told it looks Moto`ish, but Moto wont fit.

It's radio specific....
View Quote
I hate when they do that.  Yaesu did that with their latest inexpensive ht's.
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 6:03:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah wish they had left that alone --these require a new programming cable since the connector on the radio is new. 
Grapvine sent out an update today that his shipments tracking shows it cleared customs and should arrive at his location tomorrow.
They are on Ebay already...
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?type=3&campId=5337559805&toolId=10001&customId=j3yz1t7sj200zk8a00004&mpre=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fitm%2F201955103408:g:ursAAOSwceNZQR4m
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 10:04:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Y'all that ordered one need to get a review up ASAP, I've been waiting for an affordable dual band before I jumped into DMR and this might fit the ticket 
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 9:35:14 AM EDT
[#7]
Google Ty Weaver.
He has already done some hacked firmware for this radio.
His FB group is something like "DMR watch"....

It's   DMRtrack
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 10:19:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Google Ty Weaver.
He has already done some hacked firmware for this radio.
His FB group is something like "DMR watch"....

It's   DMRtrack
View Quote
He has hacked the firmware on the 2017? I have the experimental firmware and MD-380 tools for the 380/390 series but didnt see any firmware for the new radio. Although from the videos and previews it looks very similar and has all the same screens. It would behoove TYT to leave the firmware open for the users to experiment with --it has been responsible in a large part for the 380-390's popularity. The ability for Hams to upload the user database and change display features and alter some of the stupid factory settings ,,shuting off the powerup tone for example, have made it along with the price a very attractive DMR radio. TYT would be wise to let that continue to be the case with the md-2017.  I hope Ty or Travis Goodspeed will have a new firmware out for this model soon. 

ETA: After tooling around I see Ty is working on the new firmware as we speak and has already pulled firmware off of a 2017 and is picking it apart to see what the same and whats different,and hopefully gonna come up with "Md-2017 toolz" soon.
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 4:44:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Yup, He's working on it....:D
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 2:24:35 AM EDT
[#10]
I got mine today. I was able to use the md2017 cps to open and load an md380 codeplug into the radio which was all my local vhf channels now I am expanding that by writing in the uhf channels. I added in channels for the open spot and took that off c4fm freeing up the fusion radio. so far its working very well. Will be happier when i can upload the user database and get  callsigns/names agian rather than user numbers but thats comming. looks like Ty and the others have made inroads in that department already....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top