Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/13/2017 12:37:03 PM EDT
I'm transitioning to Amateur Contact Log from HRDLog.
When I exported and imported the .ADIF file, the record #'s are backwards (the most recent record is #1 instead of #2308).
I tried sorting by ascending and descending record #'s and dates, but the relationship remains in the reversed condition.
Anyone know how to fix this?
BD

Link Posted: 5/13/2017 1:32:17 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't know the answer, but I bet if you sent Glenn (N3FJP) an e-mail, he could help you get it straightened out toot sweet.

Edit:  BTW, I think you will like the program once you get it up and running.
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 1:43:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Kekoa.  That was going to be my next step.  I also posted on the Yahoo group, and they fixed me up.

Try File >> Sort Log on Date
View Quote
That's different than just clicking on the top of the Date column.

BD
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 6:23:07 PM EDT
[#3]

I learned something new today.
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 1:01:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Next issue RE:  Port Sharing.  When I start ACL on my Asus netbook, I get an "Error Opening Com Port for Rig Interface".

The port "COM 3" does not exist.

Make sure that you have selected a valid port and you are not attempting to share the port with any function such as sending CW.
View Quote
This just happens to be the port (COM 3) that WSJT-X wants to use.  I think that this is the point I need to use some sort of Port Sharing, but I know nothing about how this is accomplished.

Anyone have tips on how to do this?

Link Posted: 5/29/2017 1:26:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Nevermind, the problem went away after a reboot of the netbook.    Rig control seems to be following the KX3 frequency and mode changes.

Nope, problem's still there.  WSJT-X and N3FJP ACL are fighting over COM 3.

To clarify...  Whichever program I start first, the other program then gives an error because COM 3 is already in use.

I just started ACL, and everything, including rig control, is fine.  
But, with ACL still running, when I start WSJT-X, I get "Rig Control Error".

Closing all programs...  Now if I start WSJT-X first, everything, including rig control is fine.
But, with WSJT-X still running, when I start ACL, I get "Error Opening Com Port for Rig Interface.  Access to the port 'COM3' is denied.  Make sure that you have selected a valid port and you are not attempting to share the port with any other function such as sending CW."
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 9:52:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Can you simply add another cheap USB based  COM Port Emulator adapter and create like a COM5 or COM6? This would be my next step.
The only time I experienced trouble was with older software that could only select COM1-COM3 because this is all the old computers had available.
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 10:25:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Hey Gyprat,

I think you're right.  For my Asus Win10 notebook, I just downloaded the free 32 bit version of VSPE (Virtual Serial Port Emulator).  The 64 bit version for my Win10 desktop is $24.95.  I'll see how the notebook works first.

I searched for threads on this topic on Arfcom and found a few referring to this program and a couple others.

ARCHIVED THREAD - Serial Ports (Virtual) What are you using?
ARCHIVED THREAD - IC-7200 Rig Control Over Internet
ARCHIVED THREAD - Icom 7200 - Simultaneous Rig Control PTT challenge

ELECRAFT Application Note  Using Virtual Serial Ports with Logging and Contest Software
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 5:21:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nevermind, the problem went away after a reboot of the netbook.    Rig control seems to be following the KX3 frequency and mode changes.

Nope, problem's still there.  WSJT-X and N3FJP ACL are fighting over COM 3.
View Quote
I have the same problem on my ASUS laptop. I have to click on the com port in 'rig control ( even when it looks like it is already sekected) , ( I think that is what it is) and then most time it says ' com port already in use' then I have to hit the 'stop test button ' just to the right of the area where SSB shows up in the test and then hit TEST and it works.

I don't have it in front of me so my names may be a bit off.
Link Posted: 6/8/2017 4:02:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Try setting up FLRIG and then have n3fjp and wsjt-x use flrig for their rig control.

Edit: fldigi also natively supports flrig as well. I believe it serves as sort of a "server " for rig control allowing  any "client" to request and receive changes.
Link Posted: 6/9/2017 7:24:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Try setting up FLRIG and then have n3fjp and wsjt-x use flrig for their rig control.

Edit: fldigi also natively supports flrig as well. I believe it serves as sort of a "server " for rig control allowing  any "client" to request and receive changes.
View Quote
I set up FLRig and got it working in the shack with my 7200.  Still trying to get it working with ACL and WSJT-X at the same time.  Haven't given up yet.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top