Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/24/2017 8:05:27 PM EDT
Does anyone have an unused IMA (Internal Mic Adaptor) from unpcb.com that they'd be willing to sell?
The K2/100 I bought is soldiered for Kenwood (I think).
I have Yaesu.  Before I send it to Don Wilhelm for updates I'd like to find the ReWork Eliminator kit to send as well.

Why don't I just do a bit a soldiering?  Because I realized, as I hovered over it with my hot iron that my corrected vision,
while good enough for PL-259s is not good enough for circuit boards at this time.

BTW: offers of other K2 upgrade boards (160M!) will be entertained as well.
PM and let me know what you have and how much you want for it.

This K2 is about to become my primary CW/digital/SSB system btw.

thx!
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 9:52:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Great little radio.  I really like mine.  It's not a K3, but I plan to keep my K2 forever.

Did you get a K2/10 or does your have the 100w option?  Reading is fundamental.

I installed the internal mic adapter when I built my K2.  So far, I've only used the Elecraft MH-2, but I think it's a worthwhile option, if you might use more than one microphone.   I don't have a spare, but someone over on the Reflector might.

As far as soldering goes, I never could have built my K2 without an Opti-Visor   I use the 2.5x, but sometimes I wish it was a little stronger.  It really is a handy item to have. Prices on Amazon are all over the place, so shop around some, if you want to get one. And stick with the Donegan manufacturer.  They are  good optical quality.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 11:20:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Great little radio.  I really like mine.  It's not a K3, but I plan to keep my K2 forever.

Did you get a K2/10 or does your have the 100w option?  Reading is fundamental.

I installed the internal mic adapter when I built my K2.  So far, I've only used the Elecraft MH-2, but I think it's a worthwhile option, if you might use more than one microphone.   I don't have a spare, but someone over on the Reflector might.

As far as soldering goes, I never could have built my K2 without an Opti-Visor   I use the 2.5x, but sometimes I wish it was a little stronger.  It really is a handy item to have. Prices on Amazon are all over the place, so shop around some, if you want to get one. And stick with the Donegan manufacturer.  They are  good optical quality.
View Quote
If you get the OptiVisor (I also highly recommend it), consider this illuminator.  I bought mine for jewelry making, but its great when dealing with SMTs.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 12:41:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

If you get the OptiVisor (I also highly recommend it), consider this illuminator.  I bought mine for jewelry making, but its great when dealing with SMTs.
View Quote
Thx to both for the option recommendation.  Unfortunately the problem is doubled vision.  Now that my wife is recovered from her cataract surgeries, I'm next in line with a first appointment to exam the problem in 2 weeks.  If you think double vision is tough on a computer geek you should see what it does to my shot patterns.

Since Don is a regular on the elecraft reflector and he told me he can't get an IMA I'm going to assume that's a dead end.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 10:02:32 PM EDT
[#4]
The mic connection should not be soldered, there should be 8 jumper blocks on the back of the front panel to set the configuration.

Post a want on the Elecraft reflector for the Mic Adapter, I'm pretty sure there are some still floating around.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top