Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/24/2017 5:35:11 PM EDT
Anyone out there have a Modded 71a?  If so, did it affect your ability to Cross-Band Repeat?  Finding conflicting reports and hoped someone here would know!
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 11:50:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Anyone out there have a Modded 71a?  If so, did it affect your ability to Cross-Band Repeat?  Finding conflicting reports and hoped someone here would know!
View Quote

Knee-jerk reaction, having done it twice - "It works just fine in practice, but does it work in theory?"

I'd hazard a guess that folks who end up with no crossband after the mod hit something else on the way in or out of one of the very easiest tasks under the hood. I would also posit that the board might have been revised at some point along the line: mine were years old and I got/modded them years ago, so they are earlier units for sure. No issues at last use, a day of crossbanding (in the ham bands, it's worth mentioning) about a year ago now. If folks having trouble all have brand new radios and are following the instructions to a tee, I'd wager it's a board revision.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 7:18:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Interesting.
I have a TM-D710 that I had the seller do the mars mod to and I didn't notice until later that cross band is not in the menu.
Thought it was something that I caused.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 4:37:38 PM EDT
[#3]
I've got a 710GA that I've modded, and I tested crossband immediately after and it still works.  Same guts as the 71a, I think.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top