Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/17/2017 8:12:14 PM EDT
http://www.dxzone.com/icom-ic-7610-official-announcement/

Google translated page of icom.co.jp

"Scheduled to be released in May 2017 , price will be on 368,000 yen + tax (equivalent to 3250 USD or 3000 euro + tax)"

I just peed my pants a little.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 9:00:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Interested to see what the ARRL lab tests will reveal. That's a good price for a transceiver with a full-function sub-receiver.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 10:16:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Like with any radio, I'd give it at least a year to work out the small problems new model radios are known for.

I wonder when Yaesu and Kenwood will announce their new SDR rigs?
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 12:20:50 PM EDT
[#3]
[ big three brands ]  " sales are dropping faster than sunspots....what can we do !!!"

"release some new -"must have"  products "

LOL

Link Posted: 3/18/2017 2:19:17 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm hearing that the actual price in the US will be $4000-$4200.  At that price point it is going to have to score as well, or better than the K3S and Flex 6500.  Anything less is going to be a tough sell.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 9:20:39 PM EDT
[#5]
In a few years a slug of 7300's will be put up for sale as people upgrade.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 10:42:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
In a few years a slug of 7300's will be put up for sale as people upgrade.
View Quote
A good thing about SDR radios is that it can always be upgraded by simply upgrading software only.
I'm still not crazy about them because of noisy receivers. My KX3 is the same way, it's receiver is a bit too noisy for my liking.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 2:18:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

A good thing about SDR radios is that it can always be upgraded by simply upgrading software only.
I'm still not crazy about them because of noisy receivers. My KX3 is the same way, it's receiver is a bit too noisy for my liking.
View Quote
Would you explain this statement, please? The KX3 is ranked in the top 10 for receiver performance by Rob Sherwood. "Noisy" in what way? Compared to what?

One of the things that has really thrown a lot of people is the new trend towards accurate S-meters in modern radios, particularly the direct sampling SDRs, that are not built by the Big Three. For a very long time now, Yaesu, Icom and Kenwood have had the marketing department make the engineering department design S-metering that is horribly non-linear, such that the difference between S-units is in the range of 3dB below S8 or so. This has the effect of making noise floors appear to be much lower than on a properly linear S-meter where each S-unit is 6dB. The big three then claim that they have "quiet" receivers. But it is all a big lie. Even the Icom 7300 continues this legacy, as will the 7610 no doubt. Meanwhile, when people move up to a Flex or an Apache radio, quite often the first thing they complain about is how the receiver is so "noisy" compared to their beloved FTDX-5000, or whatever. They complain on one of the Flex or Apache forums and have to be schooled on the truth: "Yes Virginia, you really do have an S7 noise floor at your QTH."
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top