Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/26/2017 1:27:48 PM EDT
I ran across a youtube video of a guy talking about this thing and picked one up off ebay. It arrived yesterday and I've been testing every thing that even remotely looks like an antenna ever since. I wish I would have got the + model that goes to around 33 MHz but this one bottoms out at 137. It goes up to 2700 MHz which is great for wifi and other microwave antennas too.

It has two screens; spectrum analyzer tracking generator graph and then the details screen. You can set the start and stop limits and also adjust the marker point and move it back and forth with the knob on top. It works exactly like my HP8935 test set with tracking generator but it's hand held with a built in battery and color screen. I'm having a blast with this thing. I'm still stunned at how well it works.

I found that the RadioShack 800 MHz portable antennas are tuned too high. Most are around 870-930. I popped the cap off of mine and inserted a long map marker type push pin with the ball on top down next to the spring metal and the rubber sleeve then glued the cap back on. It's now centered right at 851.500 MHz.

It's definitely worth the money. They are about $165.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 3:54:10 PM EDT
[#1]
I might have to pick one of those up!
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 3:59:30 PM EDT
[#2]
I just tested a little 800 yagi I have here and it shows it under 1.2:1 from 830-856. My ELK dual band log periodic antenna is flat in the 70 cm range, decent on Vhf but shows flat at the 856 area too. I was surprised to see that.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 4:12:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Is there an HF version?
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 4:34:51 PM EDT
[#4]
I've seen those for a while, but information has been nearly nonexistent on them and they didn't respond to my questions.

Can the graph be zoomed in?
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 5:46:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is there an HF version?
View Quote

Not that I've seen.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 5:46:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've seen those for a while, but information has been nearly nonexistent on them and they didn't respond to my questions.

Can the graph be zoomed in?
View Quote

No you can't.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top