Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/22/2017 4:28:03 AM EDT
Here's the deal... I have about 95 confirmed on LOTW for DXCC and at least a dozen other DX contacts that confirmed by paper cards.  I plan to drag my paper cards for the non-LOTW countries with me to Xenia/Dayton to be checked by a card counter.  How does that work exactly and what documentation will they give me?
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 1:45:39 PM EDT
[#1]
https://p1k.arrl.org/onlinedxcc/

Before you leave for Dayton you need to take care of a few things first.

You first log in to the ARRL's Online DXCC website and manually enter the QSL cards you want to have checked. You pay the ARRL's online fee with your credit card and then print a form to take to the card checker.

You then take that form along with your QSL cards entered and have those cards verified by the card checker.

The card checker then signs your form and mails it to the ARRL DXCC desk for credit.

The League will then credit your DXCC account and you will see those contacts show up on LoTW in a few weeks.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 2:06:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Clear as mud right?
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 2:54:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Clear as mud right?
View Quote

Very clear explanation.  Leave it to ARRL to come up with an overly complex process to accomplish what should be a simple task.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 3:01:32 PM EDT
[#4]
I was going to go to a card counter once.  I guess I have about 25 unique, DX QSL cards, in addition to those in my LoTW account.

But it seemed too hard, so I gave up.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 9:42:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I was going to go to a card counter once.  I guess I have about 25 unique, DX QSL cards, in addition to those in my LoTW account.

But it seemed too hard, so I gave up.
View Quote

Don't give up. Card counters always show up at hamfests. The scene of a card counter doing the count and the card holder sitting in front of him reminds me of a Calculus exam back in the college days.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 7:26:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Very clear explanation.  Leave it to ARRL to come up with an overly complex process to accomplish what should be a simple task.

Thanks!
View Quote

That ain't no shit!

I gave up on setting up a LoTW account after I realized that PayPal, eBay and the fucking BANKS have a FAR more simple process.

For the love of some old lady, WTF is the ARRL guarding?

Bragging rights!

That's all, bragging rights, plain and simple. Hell, by the very definition of AMATEUR radio, there is no money involved in QSLing at all, other than postage of you want a paper card.

The LoTW process is the stupidest thing I have ever seen.

Hell, they guard the nuclear football with less happy horse shit that that!

ETA, my friendly, local neighborhood card counter meets me for a chocolate shake at Wendy's. When I got my WAS he handed me a DXCC checklist to make things easier for me.

Nice guy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top