Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 8:50:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Congrats!  Currently studying for it myself.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 9:15:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Congrats. I am absolutely dumb founded to see this much activity on a ham radio forum that is a sub forum of AR15!
Im a 20wpm extra but I started out as a codeless tech, so I came in the easy way. I'm excited to see this much activity. I'll have to look around.
Gordon N7VY
View Quote

Gun forum = folks with guns.

Some folks with guns do some prepping as a way of life.

Some folks that prep want emergency comms.

Hence a bunch of people on a very large gun forum that are HAMs.

That is why I got into it, a continuation of my prepping, well that and some of the people here that will go unnamed, but you know who you are. It also happened to correspond with a dramatic event in my life that is still ongoing but getting better, and HAM radio gives me the ability to concentrate on something else to focus on once in a while.

ETA:  I can type about 10 words per minute, but can only hear one letter at a time. I am using dead time to keep learning morse. I started last week. The problem I have is recognizing letters fast enough and hearing when one letter stops and the next one starts. I know the alphabet, and sending is easy, but hearing it makes me struggle.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 10:19:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 2:50:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Congrats on the unlocked achievement.

I'm anxious to upgrade also, but I promised myself I'd learn code first, and then test for extra.

BTW, the coolest radio I own is a TBY-8. Currently looking for a battery box an the 10 pc. antenna segments. I know it's low power, short range, but I'm committed to it.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top