Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/27/2016 1:28:50 AM EDT
Ever since it did its last automatic update I can't get the microphone jack to stay on for digital transmissions.

I can manually turn it on, and HRD / DM780 sees the spectrum for 5 or so seconds, then it mutes itself.

I must have tried 40 times to manually set it but it just won't listen.

Looks like I have to go signallink if even that will work.

Shit
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 1:50:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Mine will mix the computer mic with the Signalink output unless I disable the computer mic altogether. I noticed the waterfall responding to ambient noise in the room. It only did this on DM780. JT65-HF didn't do it.

I never use the computer mic so not a big deal.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 2:01:37 AM EDT
[#2]
I've not had a problem in thousands of contacts until now
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 12:26:17 PM EDT
[#3]
I had the spinning white dots wheel of fail this am, disconnected everything and it reverted to the last working version.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 5:26:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Windows 10 updates are VERY sensitive to having the latest device drivers for everything. Do everything you can to make certain that all of your drivers are fully up to date. I just had 3 machines upgrade to the Anniversary version and one of them got extremely unstable, throwing black screens, etc. Windows didn't figure out that 4 drivers needed updates. The Dell support utility figured out three of them. I had to look at the logs in Windows Event Viewer to figure out the fourth missing driver. Now all is well again.

On one of the other machines I had to uninstall a sound device and reinstall it.

It shouldn't be that hard, but occasionally it is.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 10:06:48 PM EDT
[#5]
All you can do is grin and bear it, when that computer shit goes stupid.....which is far too often.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top