I finally found some free time, gathered up the necessary tools:

-Sling shot
- Pile of old mouse balls
- Fishing line (10 lb test)
- pocket sewing kit
- 550 cord
- Nylon string
- Delta C dipole kit

Used the needle and fishing line to stitch in to the mouse ball.  Launched the mouse ball over the desired branch.  Mouse ball hit the ground.  Tied off the fishing line to the para cord.  Pulled the para cord over the branch down to the ground.  Tied off the j pole and dipole.  Attached the LMR400 and rg8x and taped them off well to prevent water from getting in to them. Pulled it up the tree.  Repeated the slingshot method with the 2 legs of the dipole, except I used the nylon line to pull them away from the center.

Ran out of daylight.  I'll fire up the Weller tomorrow to solder on the pl 259s....
Link Posted: 5/30/2016 9:32:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice Work.
"Whats the Frequency Kenneth?"
Link Posted: 5/30/2016 10:02:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top