Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/30/2016 8:34:48 PM EDT
I'm toying with the idea of getting rid of my ft-950 and replacing it with an Icom 7300. There is nothing wrong with the 950, it's just that the 7300 is very appealing. Keeping the 950 and buying a 7300 isn't an option.

Is a 7300 worth giving up a 950?  I do have an ft 817nd for a low power backup just in case.

ETA: I do mostly phone. Digital is in my future. CW when I retire in 10+ years.

Link Posted: 5/30/2016 10:12:39 PM EDT
[#1]
I would say a radio is like a gun.  You will probably kick yourself if you sell the 950.  I have the IC-7300 and it is really nice.  Hold off and pick the 7300 up when the funds are available.  Its nice to have two rigs in the shack..  I am still a new ham and the 7300 is the third HF rig i have used and its so much fun to use.  Kinda like Sdrplay with a transceiver.  Good luck..  

I think there are many rigs on the market due to the release of the new icom and yaesu radios that are available..

Prosise
Link Posted: 5/30/2016 11:06:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Don't buy both.  Get the 7300 and when more funds are available... Put it in to towers/antennae
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top