BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/30/2016 4:04:28 PM EDT

My new FTM-100 has it.

I'm mostly an HF DX guy

Link Posted: 5/30/2016 4:26:45 PM EDT
[#1]
You mean the digital mode Yaesu created that is extremely similar to P25 Phase 1 but has absolutely zero compatibility with P25?
Link Posted: 5/30/2016 4:43:17 PM EDT
[#2]
No one in my area is running C4FM that I am aware of.  There is a little interest in D-star but it seems like DMR may be taking hold a little.  There are 1 or 2 strong champions for DMR and we have several repeaters in Indiana.  It seems, at least to me, that there needs to be a small group that will invest and drive new technology to get a good foothold.  Before I invested in a radio with C4FM I would check out your area and see if there is any infrastructure running to support it.  

I bought into the DMR hype a few months ago but I don't spend much time on DMR repeaters.  I'm mainly on 70cm or HF.
Link Posted: 5/30/2016 4:50:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:....  Before I invested in a radio with C4FM I would check out your area and see if there is any infrastructure running to support it.  .....
View Quote

I bought the rig, because I wanted a simple VHF/UHF FM rig, like my old FT-7800 & FT-7900, . . .   the Fusion, is just an extra feature that I'm asking about.

I like the rig so far.

I programmed a local fusion repeater, haven't heard a soul,....keyed it up solid, no replies, but later got an email from the control op saying "sorry i could not answer, but heard you getting into it..."
Link Posted: 5/30/2016 5:38:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Which repeater are you trying t use?  I generally monitor 444.850, the Ancient Modulators repeater in High Ridge, MO.  There's another one I've heard of in Swansea, IL on 444.300, but I've never made a contact on it.  The other option is simplex.  I've successfully made contacts with people in Waterloo.

I can try to have a QSO if you like.  C4FM is another digital encoding technique for voice, but I'm sure you know that.  I find that it has slightly better sound than D-STAR does in most cases.

ETA: OOPS!  The 444.300 repeater is in Shiloh, not Swansea.  I just looked it up on Repeaterbook and my QTH is right on the edge of its coverage map.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top