Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/22/2016 8:40:10 PM EDT
Just heard about this thing:

5/10/25 Watts.

Wonder how well the cooling system actually works.
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 8:48:35 PM EDT
[#1]
From what I've googled (not much on it), it LOOKS  like an HT, but in reality it's a mobile due to the fact the batteries would make it unable/un practicle to be utilized as an HT.
If someone finds this wrong or incorrect, please let me know.
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 8:55:47 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

From what I've googled (not much on it), it LOOKS  like an HT, but in reality it's a mobile due to the fact the batteries would make it unable/un practicle to be utilized as an HT.

If someone finds this wrong or incorrect, please let me know.
View Quote
I don't see the battery lasting that long on 25W or being capable of keeping it above 20W output for very long but its interesting all the same.

Just goes to show the weird stuff the Chinese come up with that nobody ever thought they wanted. The Leixen backpack radio is pretty cool.
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 9:03:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Yea, I saw that one too.
I'd like to hook a meter up to my baofeng and see what it does on 440.
Being how I'm pretty close to a couple repeaters and havent been able to use one, (on 440) I'm thinking a watt at the most.

F'kin chinese watts......
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 9:08:28 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

F'kin chinese watts......
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/22/2016 9:10:49 PM EDT
[#5]
China must be watching reruns of "Home Improvement".
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 9:28:56 PM EDT
[#6]

Link Posted: 5/23/2016 12:48:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Lol, pretty much!

If it was VHF as well it would be more appealing to me. VHF is pretty quiet around here. UHF is only active when it's being used to link VHF repeaters.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 7:16:12 AM EDT
[#8]
So the Chicoms can make a 25-watt HT, but asking the big 3 to produce an all-mode portable at 25-watts is "unrealistic."

Unbelievable.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 7:56:48 AM EDT
[#9]
About the same size as the old Icom IC-2AT "brick", which is not all that inconvenient (I've owned two of them for 30+ years, and they still work).

I seriously question the practicality of a 25 Watt hand-held. Oh, well, they sell cars by horsepower, so I guess the same mentality applies.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 8:58:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Jon dropped that one on us in show 50.  said a VHF may be on the way.  He considered it a portable/mobile radio that would be best suited in ones car
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 9:59:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Don't have to worry about over exposure at 25 watts. I doubt the battery would last long enough to go above the SAR at UHF.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 10:15:16 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 10:45:25 AM EDT
[#13]
It'll only run 25W with a supply voltage. 10W on battery.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 10:18:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Sheesh the size of that thing.  I'd expect it to have a telescoping steel antenna coming out the top like the other 70's era radios of that size.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 10:57:14 AM EDT
[#15]
If it was dual band I'd consider it for motorcycle mobile use since I use a bike mounted antenna at the rear of the motorcycle.  They're on AMAZON now for 100 dollars.  

NOTE

I've got the cable to attach my SENA to a mobile unit.  I've got an extra VV-898 that's being used in a base configuration right now that I could use for that I guess.

Edit----

Here's a Miklor Review

The NOTE is conservatively advertised at 20W, but specifications show 25W on high power, and holds true to those estimates.

Running the radio at high power into a Bird Wattmeter for 3 minutes showed no decrease in power. There's a small thermally connected cooling fan inside the NOTE's case. On high power, the fan turned on after about a minute, It's very quiet and does keep the radio at a respectable temperature level.
View Quote

The NOTE has a slide-on 12.6V  4000mAh battery. This is not your conventional 7.4 volt battery found in most handhelds. On High Power (25W) this handheld can draw as much a 3500 mAh and this battery handles it quite nicely.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/31/2016 4:57:23 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

View Quote
https://youtu.be/_JHAio8eqS8

New video shows 40!!!! watts on battery power. I'm sure for not very long but check out the video. I'm tempted to buy one but also know my luck with previous Chinese radio purchases....

I'll wait for some reviews to start popping up.
Link Posted: 5/31/2016 10:37:35 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

New video shows 40!!!! watts on battery power. I'm sure for not very long but check out the video. I'm tempted to buy one but also know my luck with previous Chinese radio purchases....

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh good, now the spurious emissions from the crap CCR radios will be even stronger...
Link Posted: 5/31/2016 7:50:20 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Oh good, now the spurious emissions from the crap CCR radios will be even stronger...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Maybe that's their whole plan all along......

Hooking that rig up to a spectrum analyzer would be very interesting to see.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top